Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best MIDSIZE "white" city?
Madison, WI 24 27.59%
Oxnard, CA 1 1.15%
Omaha, NE 6 6.90%
Charleston, SC 14 16.09%
Boise, ID 28 32.18%
Palm Bay, FL 0 0%
Des Moines, IA 7 8.05%
Cape Coral, FL 1 1.15%
Harrisburg, PA 2 2.30%
Sarasota, FL 4 4.60%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 12:20 PM

177 posts, read 331,533 times

Advertisements

Hey guys. What do you think is the best midsize "mostly white" city?

The criteria for judging would be -
Jobs
Cost of living
Weather
Recreation
Crime
Education

I've listed 10 cites in the poll which I feel are good picks.

What city do you think would be best?

Thanks!

Last edited by lookintomove15; 02-06-2015 at 12:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2015, 12:33 PM

1,699 posts, read 2,150,843 times
Portland, Oregon. They have some asians, mexicans, and blacks but yeah, they're predominately white both in the city limits and suburbs.

I'm not sure if Seattle, Minneapolis, St Paul would qualify. Seattle is lately attracting a lot of asians especially due to the tech industry. Minneapolis + St Paul has a lot of minorities inside the city limits but the suburbs (so overall area) is very white.

Edit:

I just saw "no more than 500,000 in the metro", really that's a small city not a mid-sized one? Anyways, look for a college town like Madison, Wisconsin or Ithaca, NY. Maybe a lot of minorities in the actual town, but white overall.

Old 02-06-2015, 03:02 PM

37,877 posts, read 41,910,477 times
Whites constitute the majority in Charleston, but no way would I consider it a "mostly White" city.

Old 02-06-2015, 03:05 PM

1,772 posts, read 3,517,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookintomove15 View Post
Hey guys. What do you think is the best midsize "mostly white" city?

The criteria for judging would be -
Jobs
Cost of living
Weather
Recreation
Crime
Education

I've listed 10 cites in the poll which I feel are good picks.

What city do you think would be best?

Thanks!
White hoods and flaming crosses went out of style generations ago. If you don't have access to a time machine, I'd suggest you "evolve" into the 21st Century. Maybe you could learn a thing or two from someone who doesn't look like you.

Old 02-06-2015, 06:45 PM

233 posts, read 380,077 times
Oxnard is far from a white city....... Oxnard is one of the most Hispanic cities in the country...

Old 02-06-2015, 07:20 PM

2,173 posts, read 4,406,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn.Davenport View Post
White hoods and flaming crosses went out of style generations ago. If you don't have access to a time machine, I'd suggest you "evolve" into the 21st Century. Maybe you could learn a thing or two from someone who doesn't look like you.
This is the same type of political correct brainwashed response as the other one. If it were someone looking for the best "Black", "Hispanic" or "Asian" mid sized city I guarantee you wouldn't have said anything. Total double standard.

You see posts on CD all the time like: "what is the best city X or Y for a professional African American" or "What is the best city X or Y for a Hispanic family" or "which city is better for African American culture". But if someone were to say: "what is the best city X or Y for a professional white male" or "what city X or Y is better for European American culture"...they would flamed and called a racist. People would totally freak out on them. It's very interesting the double standard we have in America. It's OK for some people to seek out their culture but not others.

Old 02-06-2015, 07:27 PM

93,231 posts, read 123,842,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OxnardNative View Post
Oxnard is far from a white city....... Oxnard is one of the most Hispanic cities in the country...
Harrisburg is a major fail as well given that it is predominately Black(about 55%). Charleston wouldn't work either. Just another "if it was another group it would be ok" thread. As if national percentages are the same for each group.

Old 02-06-2015, 11:09 PM

4,647 posts, read 8,596,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctr88 View Post
This is the same type of political correct brainwashed response as the other one. If it were someone looking for the best "Black", "Hispanic" or "Asian" mid sized city I guarantee you wouldn't have said anything. Total double standard.

You see posts on CD all the time like: "what is the best city X or Y for a professional African American" or "What is the best city X or Y for a Hispanic family" or "which city is better for African American culture". But if someone were to say: "what is the best city X or Y for a professional white male" or "what city X or Y is better for European American culture"...they would flamed and called a racist. People would totally freak out on them. It's very interesting the double standard we have in America. It's OK for some people to seek out their culture but not others.
Considering whites are 72% of the national population, there are less areas that are non-white than areas that are. Like you literally have to be racist and dislike the sight of even one non-white person to not find a "white city". There's literally no where you can go in America without seeing a white person. Except for places where white people vacated because apparently there were too many non-whites.

Old 02-06-2015, 11:46 PM

15 posts, read 22,513 times
Feeling pretty good about living in the most racially integrated city in the U.S. right now (Sacramento). Yes, believe it or not, I, a white man, enjoy living in the company of people whose ancestors hailed from places outside of western Europe! I'm actually heading off to one of these low-life brown people's homes for a glass of wine after I finish typing this.

Seriously, the white supremacy forum is on another website.

Old 02-06-2015, 11:54 PM

3,413 posts, read 5,122,775 times
I see it's no longer good enough for bigots to flee to the suburbs, now they're fleeing to "White cities" in different states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City