Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 05:09 PM

267 posts, read 303,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
No, it wasn't. At all.

The city of Dallas isn't country. Thats Fort Worth.

Stuck up and conservative are not synonymous. The city of Dallas just approved LGBT protections into the city charter by a popular vote of over 75%. I would not call that conservative or bigoted.

Dallas is also less than 30% white. So again, incorrect.

His post was BS. End of story.
Dallas is extremely racist. And for your information, Dallas is more than 50% European American. And no one was even talking about homosexuals or cross dressers, so why you threw that tidbit of information into the mix is beyond me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2015, 05:11 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,772,850 times
Does DFW have anything that looks like the northern half of Greater Houston? Pines? Winding roads? Typical southern appearance?

Old 02-14-2015, 06:10 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,737,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThingsLikeThat View Post
Dallas is extremely racist. And for your information, Dallas is more than 50% European American. And no one was even talking about homosexuals or cross dressers, so why you threw that tidbit of information into the mix is beyond me.
There is racism everywhere. Ive lived in LA, DC, Chicago, and Dallas. Dallas is no more or less racist than any other place Ive lived.

DFW as a metro area is just under 50% white and the city of Dallas is less than 30% white. Below is the link that proves Im right:

American FactFinder - Results

Old 02-14-2015, 06:17 PM

Quote:
There is racism everywhere. Ive lived in LA, DC, Chicago, and Dallas. Dallas is no more or less racist than any other place Ive lived.

DFW as a metro area is just under 50% white and the city of Dallas is less than 30% white. Below is the link that proves Im right:

American FactFinder - Results
That link you posted is for the entire U.S. population, not just Dallas. Furthermore, it doesn't say anything about a 30% European American population. Here you go.

DFW is by far the most racist area that I've ever lived in.

Old 02-14-2015, 06:25 PM

Quote:
That link you posted is for the entire U.S. population, not just Dallas. Furthermore, it doesn't say anything about a 30% European American population. Here you go.

DFW is by far the most racist area that I've ever lived in.
If you read your own link, you would see Dallas is more than 40% Hispanic. Dallas is 28.8% non Hispanic white.

Old 02-14-2015, 06:32 PM

Quote:
If you read your own link, you would see Dallas is more than 40% Hispanic. Dallas is 28.8% non Hispanic white.
White alone, percent, 2010 (a) 50.7%

^^^That's a direct cut and paste.

Old 02-14-2015, 06:38 PM

Quote:
White alone, percent, 2010 (a) 50.7%

^^^That's a direct cut and paste.
White alone, not Hispanic or Latino, percent, 2010 28.8%

^^^^So is this.

Are you familiar with how the census categorizes different ethnicities? You don't seem to be. White is a race, Hispanic is an ethnicity. Some people who appear white in skin are actually from Mexico, El Salvador, Peru, or anywhere else in Latin America.

28.8% is the number of people who are NOT Hispanic in Dallas. They are white of European descent.

42.4% is the number of people who ARE Hispanic in Dallas. They are people who are from or who descend from Latin American nations.

Dallas is 28.8% European descent white. End of story. Dallas is not over 50% European white as you claim.

http://www.s4.brown.edu/us2010/segre...cityid=4819000

The link above is easier to understand for you.

Old 02-14-2015, 06:42 PM

Quote:
White alone, not Hispanic or Latino, percent, 2010 28.8%

^^^^So is this.

Are you familiar with how the census categorizes different ethnicities? You don't seem to be. White is a race, Hispanic is an ethnicity. Some people who appear white in skin are actually from Mexico, El Salvador, Peru, or anywhere else in Latin America.

28.8% is the number of people who are NOT Hispanic in Dallas. They are white of European descent.

42.4% is the number of people who ARE Hispanic in Dallas. They are people who are from or who descend from Latin American nations.

Dallas is 28.8% European descent white. End of story. Dallas is not over 50% European white as you claim.
Yes, I am familiar with the confusing and arbitrary way in which people of the European descent race classify others and how those classifications are used, designed, and manipulated to fit their agenda. According to the government census, Dallas is over 50% European American...

Old 02-14-2015, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Yes, I am familiar with the confusing and arbitrary way in which people of the European descent race classify others and how those classifications are used, designed, and manipulated to fit their agenda. According to the government census, Dallas is over 50% European American...
No, you DONT get it.

Let me try and explain it this way. Do you think Los Angeles is 50% white? Well, by you're reasoning it is.

Los Angeles (city) QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

And New York is over 70% white:

New York QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

You don't get it. If you are Hispanic, you are NOT European unless you are from Spain. Dallas has very few if any residents from Spain.

Dallas is 28.8% EUROPEAN WHITE.

Old 02-15-2015, 07:07 AM

5,287 posts, read 5,784,865 times
Quote:
And that's just you're opinion. You're from Southeast Texas, so you have your bias too. That also explains why you would prefer Houstons pest problem. I certainly wouldn't.

I already said I thought Houston had an edge on food. I cannot however see a drastic superiority. And yes, I have eaten extensively in both.
Well my bias doesn't go as far as you think it does. It's pretty much limited to the things that are exclusive to the Gulf Coast, but there areseveral things I think Dallas is better at.

When it comes to ethnic food options the two cities are pretty close. It's regional and local food is where Houston has a major upper hand. What it really comes down to is the fact that Houston has just about everything Dallas does along with a host of things it doesn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City