Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you rather live in Greenville SC or Orlando FL area?
Orlando 41 55.41%
Greenville SC 33 44.59%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 06:43 PM

459 posts, read 375,872 times

Advertisements

Anyone who would choose a soul sucking tourist trap area like Orlando over a beautiful area like Greenville needs to be put in an insane asylum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2015, 07:11 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,916,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulncity View Post
That's what I meant when I said "on another level" Orlando is alot bigger and much more to do.

thanks, this is what i was asking.

i understand theyre different in size.

i dont care about world class retail shops or dining options. i base stuff on education, places for kids to grow up, economy, cost of living, the people (big item for me --- as in good ppl with high morals, friendly, not selfish and aggressive attitudes, etc).

Old 04-02-2015, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
You've gotta be kidding me; Orlando's metro is almost three times as large with a much higher GDP, more developed downtown, an enormously larger tourism industry, a ton more retail, a busier airport, major league professional sports, etc. They are two very different cities/metros and in different leagues; that's not even debatable. I think they tend to attract different types of people, but both are friendly to retirees.
but remember i'm talking about things like the people, scenery, schools, safety, etc.

tourism and a major/busier airport doesnt really mean much to me.

Old 04-02-2015, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudduck View Post
Anyone who would choose a soul sucking tourist trap area like Orlando over a beautiful area like Greenville needs to be put in an insane asylum.

hahaha!

Old 04-02-2015, 08:30 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,928,191 times
Quote:
Then you've obviously never seen the 'real' Orlando outside of the tourism corridor.

Old 04-02-2015, 08:39 PM

1,732 posts, read 1,892,864 times
Lol this is like Las Vegas vs Little Rock

Old 04-03-2015, 07:42 AM

1,169 posts, read 1,431,627 times
Quote:
Is this a real comment? I understand if Mudduck may have never personally experienced the real local areas of Orlando, however, to flat out say that Orlando is a "soul sucking tourist trap" is the ultimate sign of ignorance and in fact rather insulting. The Orlando metro area has a thriving population close to hitting 3 million, I guess all 3 million of us should be sent to an "insane asylum" ?? Please do your research prior to posting such comments and then we can have a more productive debate.

Old 04-03-2015, 08:44 AM

37,881 posts, read 41,933,711 times
Quote:
I think the people who live there understand that there's more to the Orlando area than theme parks, which is the only thing that most visitors see.

Old 04-03-2015, 08:47 AM

37,881 posts, read 41,933,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
but remember i'm talking about things like the people, scenery, schools, safety, etc.

tourism and a major/busier airport doesnt really mean much to me.
I mean if you don't mind a smaller, more conservative metro than Greenville could work for you. The scenery is nice, as it is nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains.

Old 04-03-2015, 09:40 AM

5,002 posts, read 9,151,507 times
My wife and I just came from honeymooning in Orlando and there is soooo much to do in that city and we didn't go near an amusement park.Every one seem to be nice.The city did not feel as large as it is (approaching 3 million).The traffic really wasn't as bad as I thought it would with a city that size.Birmingham and Baton Rouge traffic is much worse. Orlando has so much to offer for family fun and the retail sector can hang with somenof the best in the south. Also Orlando drivers were not as fast and aggressive as I thought either. I visited Houston for 5 days so I had a feel of the city and doing 80 and above was the norm. So vacationing in Orlando for 5 days I was able to get a solid impression on the traffic situation.My wife and I felt that drivers in Mobile a city that's half a million drive faster than Orlando drivers.We were shocked and impressed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City