Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 02:30 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,544,005 times

Advertisements

I didn't expect to see Miami and Houston to show up on each other's list. Interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2015, 06:02 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,946,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I didn't expect to see Miami and Houston to show up on each other's list. Interesting.
It seems people from other parts of the South still move to Miami. This was especially true for Blacks during the great migration. Many Georgians headed South. But I wasn't expecting to see Miami number one on Atlantas list. I knew a few Atlantans who moved to South Florida. And I thought Atlanta would be number one on Miami's list.

Old 04-09-2015, 06:43 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,955,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
No surprise Los Angeles made the top 5 for Houston, Dallas, and Austin.

Conservatives make a huge deal about Californians moving to Texas (in droves!), but make no mention about Texas sending us more residents every year than any other state.
It is so true. All within the last four years, I've known five people that have moved out to LA from Houston (two cousins, three friends). It is the most untold truth when people from Texas talk about California. Always mention that "no one wants to move to California, it is too expensive. Everyone is leaving California". Nope.

Old 04-09-2015, 07:09 AM

2,997 posts, read 3,103,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
It is so true. All within the last four years, I've known five people that have moved out to LA from Houston (two cousins, three friends). It is the most untold truth when people from Texas talk about California. Always mention that "no one wants to move to California, it is too expensive. Everyone is leaving California". Nope.
I still think more Californians are moving to Texas than the other way around. Especially with all the businesses relocating from Cali to Texas and taking all their employees and their families with them.

Old 04-09-2015, 08:05 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,955,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentallect View Post
I still think more Californians are moving to Texas than the other way around. Especially with all the businesses relocating from Cali to Texas and taking all their employees and their families with them.
No doubt Cali sends more to Texas, but it is not lopsided like many Texans would have you believe.

Old 04-09-2015, 08:22 AM

2,997 posts, read 3,103,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
No doubt Cali sends more to Texas, but it is not lopsided like many Texans would have you believe.
Well, most who move to Cali move to LA...I mean, it's LA!!! So it's just like NYC in the regard that no matter how expensive it is to live in or how bad the economy gets, people are still going to want to flock there in droves because it's such a famous city with so much to offer.

Last edited by NoClueWho; 04-09-2015 at 09:44 AM..

Old 04-09-2015, 12:40 PM

60 posts, read 103,306 times
Interesting to see Austin and Honolulu having lots of people moving to the Seattle area. I always knew lots of Hawaiians prefer Seattle prices as an alternative to California prices but I didn't know Austin sent lots of people here as much as I thought. Maybe it's just to get out of the state that they feel is too conservative for them and move to a far more progressive area? Either way, both Austin and Honolulu very much resemble Seattle in a good big way or two. No surprise though to see Portlanders and San Franciscans coming here. Portland's almost a given because we always trade residents with them and Seattle is San Francisco's #1 favorite alternative to California prices and has been for decades.

Old 04-09-2015, 03:38 PM

1,227 posts, read 1,594,366 times
So......do you guys ever want to read the methodology on how the OP got the data, or does it not really support your view?

CD has really gotten lazy lol

Old 04-09-2015, 06:49 PM

183 posts, read 220,574 times
You have to realize that people move for jobs and/or lower COL. If money wasn't an issue and people wanted to enjoy life, everyone would be lining up to get into Philadelphia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City