Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 12:07 PM

1,699 posts, read 2,151,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Yeah one degree higher, still much closer to 75 than 80 or 85. Yeah you're more likely to have a nice normal summer than one like 2010, you know the coldest one in 84 years.

This thread was about YEAR ROUND temps, not specifically summer. Moving the goal posts seems to be your MO though, like people sleeping w/o blankets now lol
Sure and 90+% of people will prefer 75-85 for year-round temps than 65-75. My example of 2010 was just to illustrate how much people complain when they don't get this fix.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2015, 12:11 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,644,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPMiami View Post
Sure and 90+% of people will prefer 75-85 for year-round temps than 65-75. My example of 2010 was just to illustrate how much people complain when they don't get this fix.
They might prefer that range in summer but not year round. Again, waiting to see any sites that show "ideal or comfortable" temps being defined in the 75-85 range. If that was ideal then 90% of people would say Coastal SoCal is too cool/cold year round.

Old 04-10-2015, 12:16 PM

Quote:
They might prefer that range in summer but not year round. Again, waiting to see any sites that show "ideal or comfortable" temps being defined in the 75-85 range. If that was ideal then 90% of people would say Coastal SoCal is too cool/cold year round.
And many people do complain coastal SoCal is too cold. Like me, like friends. It's considered common sense that the best weather in SoCal is actually 10-20 miles inland to escape the cool, damp weather from the ocean. Despite the ocean being more scenic.

Old 04-10-2015, 12:20 PM

Quote:
And many people do complain coastal SoCal is too cold. Like me, like friends. It's considered common sense that the best weather in SoCal is actually 10-20 miles inland to escape the cool, damp weather from the ocean. Despite the ocean being more scenic.
And by "many" do you mean a "small minority"?

Clearly, that is why the highest real estate prices and demand is 10-20 miles inland. Everyone knows homes in El Cajon are pulling a $1-2K per square foot because of how desirable the weather is there!

Old 04-10-2015, 12:23 PM

Quote:
And by "many" do you mean a "small minority"?

Clearly, that is why the highest real estate prices and demand is 10-20 miles inland.
Because it's most scenic. Even I lived on the ocean, and I mean right on the ocean (view, private beach access, etc) but I preferred the weather inland during the summer. I still love the ocean, and I put up with the damper weather for easy access to the ocean (views, sunsets, surfing, and immediate beach access when it was nice).

Real estate isn't purely determined by the weather.

Old 04-10-2015, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Because it's most scenic. Even I lived on the ocean, and I mean right on the ocean (view, private beach access, etc) but I preferred the weather inland during the summer. I still love the ocean, and I put up with the damper weather for easy access to the ocean (views, sunsets, surfing, and immediate beach access when it was nice).

Real estate isn't purely determined by the weather.
That's not the only reason, the climate is a big part of that. A lot of people like the fact that you don't need AC or even heat for some year round close to the coast.

You seem to have trouble differentiating between your personal preferences and what the general consensus is. The best weather isn't considered 10-20 miles inland overall, sure for those that like it on the sunnier and warmer side but the majority of people prefer the more moderate immediate coastal zone.

Old 04-10-2015, 12:36 PM

Quote:
That's not the only reason, the climate is a big part of that. A lot of people like the fact that you don't need AC or even heat for some year round close to the coast.
Heat was used 75% of the year at night.

Quote:
You seem to have trouble differentiating between your personal preferences and what the general consensus is. The best weather isn't considered 10-20 miles inland overall, sure for those that like it on the sunnier and warmer side but the majority of people prefer the more moderate immediate coastal zone.
Well I know people too.....

Which is why I said, 75-85 (daytime) temps for the majority of people, 80-90F for me. I know very few people who like 65-75, and not to stereotype, but they were often fat.

Old 04-10-2015, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Heat was used 75% of the year at night.
And if you did that you should know that not normal at all in San Diego. Seems like about half the people I knew that lived close to the coast never used their heater. My roommate never wanted to turn it on but I would some nights in winter.
Quote:
Well I know people too.....

Which is why I said, 75-85 (daytime) temps for the majority of people, 80-90F for me. I know very few people who like 65-75, and not to stereotype, but they were often fat.
Perhaps in Florida but it doesn't seem like you have a strong grasp on what the general consensus is in SoCal or overall when it comes to climate/year round temperature preferences.

Old 04-10-2015, 12:46 PM

Quote:
And if you did that you should know that not normal at all in San Diego. Seems like about half the people I knew that lived close to the coast never used their heater. My roommate never wanted to turn it on but I would some nights in winter.
Actually I didn't know anyone who went without heat. When I first moved, I had a problem with the heater but thought to myself I didn't need it fixed. By September or October, I was so cold, I was sleeping in socks, sweat pants, sweater and ofc, blankets. I finally had it fixed, and became comfortable.

It really makes a big difference to be RIGHT on the ocean. Not a couple blocks away, because the wind is always spanking your building.

Old 04-10-2015, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Actually I didn't know anyone who went without heat. When I first moved, I had a problem with the heater but thought to myself I didn't need it fixed. By September or October, I was so cold, I was sleeping in socks, sweat pants, sweater and ofc, blankets. I finally had it fixed, and became comfortable.

It really makes a big difference to be RIGHT on the ocean. Not a couple blocks away, because the wind is always spanking your building.
Okay but using it 75% of the year? That's really extreme. And I never knew anyone that used it in Sept or Oct, the nights don't even start getting cold until mid/late Oct. Dec-Feb, sure plenty of nights I can see people using it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City