Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 09:31 PM

98 posts, read 132,496 times

Advertisements

I guess it's really best for everybody that the ignorant masses see no reason to leave the good old US of A.

Good, stay there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2015, 09:55 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,794,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
You think that yet you're doing it yourself.
Yes.I do.I dont apologize for it.We all have opinons and we voice them on this forum.
Its not like I made some wild allegation based on made up stuff.I just dont see how a city with over 15,000 homeless street kids and over 40%poverty rate can be considered among the best cities in the worlrl for anything.Apparently you do.No problem.We disagree.

Last edited by afonega1; 05-11-2015 at 10:03 PM..

Old 05-11-2015, 09:57 PM

Quote:
The list wasn't "World's Best Cities According to Afonega1", so honestly, who cares where you would place them. I do care only that you're making blanket statements about a place using nothing but stereotypes and factually untrue information.
Like what stereotypes?What blanket statements have i made that were not true?

Old 05-11-2015, 09:58 PM

522 posts, read 694,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3wt View Post
I guess it's really best for everybody that the ignorant masses see no reason to leave the good old US of A.

Good, stay there.
Oh no, I'm certainly not staying. America is in decline. Maybe I'll go to Europe or Asia. Oh, or perhaps I'll take advantage of Canadas lax immigration laws and thwart my way in there? Looks like you'll soon be neighbors with an "ignorant" American. But you're so tolerant and accepting, I'm sure that'll be no problem at all for you. After all, we are all people and apparently race/culture don't make a person who they are. Now let's hold hands and sing kumbaya.

Old 05-11-2015, 10:01 PM

Quote:
The list wasn't "World's Best Cities According to Afonega1", so honestly, who cares where you would place them. I do care only that you're making blanket statements about a place using nothing but stereotypes and factually untrue information.
Why is stereotyping such a bad thing nowadays? We know there are exceptions to every group, but sometimes things need to be lumped together. I mean if the glove fits...

Old 05-11-2015, 10:02 PM

98 posts, read 132,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanCrawford View Post
Oh no, I'm certainly not staying. America is in decline. Maybe I'll go to Europe or Asia. Oh, or perhaps I'll take advantage of Canadas lax immigration laws and thwart my way in there? Looks like you'll soon be neighbors with an "ignorant" American. But you're so tolerant and accepting, I'm sure that'll be no problem at all for you. After all, we are all people and apparently race/culture don't make a person who they are. Now let's hold hands and sing kumbaya.
I'm a CS student and I'll likely be living in the Bay Area by that time.

I love the USA... I just happen to like Mexico City just fine too, and Canada, and anywhere else really. If you think Mexico City is a dangerous cess pool for whatever reason, well you're mistaken and that's your loss. If you'd rather live in Atlanta than the D.F... well you're insane, but again, that's your loss.

Old 05-11-2015, 10:06 PM

Quote:

I love the USA... I just happen to like Mexico City just fine too, and Canada, and anywhere else really. If you think Mexico City is a dangerous cess pool for whatever reason, well you're mistaken and that's your loss. If you'd rather live in Atlanta than the D.F... well you're insane, but again, that's your loss.
Mexico City is quite nice, certainly not a dangerous cesspool. I actually would rather live there than some place like sterile Atlanta. I understand that job growth is good in the sun-belt but too many transplants have made Atlanta a bit boring IMO.

Old 05-11-2015, 10:08 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,058,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZnGuy View Post
first, bull crap on police corruption...just a Obama, Democratic fallacy. The corruption is in the White House and Clinton household.
second, Mexico as a whole is a cess pool, why the heck would you want to spend your life there, weird
Thanks for the random, pointless political commentary that has nothing to do with this thread. And I'm not interested in what you think of my choices and didn't ask.

Old 05-11-2015, 10:08 PM

Quote:

Maybe its your loss?See how that works?And for the record,I have nothing against Mexico.I think it is a wonderful country but I would choose so many other places before Mexico.Its just a preference .Its not a knock against anybody who prefers Mexico but you cant argue against the facts.

Old 05-11-2015, 11:06 PM

1,534 posts, read 2,771,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Maybe its your loss?See how that works?And for the record,I have nothing against Mexico.I think it is a wonderful country but I would choose so many other places before Mexico.Its just a preference .Its not a knock against anybody who prefers Mexico but you cant argue against the facts.
What facts?

Mexico City has the seventh largest GDP of any city in the world. It has a MUCH larger economy than Atlanta. It has many more and better museums, the fifth most used subway system in the world, many more and much better cultural institutions than Atlanta, a much better climate, infinitely superior architecture, WAY, WAY better food; dozens of newspapers. It is the media capital of the Spanish speaking world. It has multiple symphonies, opera and ballet companies, one of the largest, if not the largest university in the world, a major film industry and after Hollywood and Bollywood the most important television industry in the world.

I could go on. Atlanta is a nice provincial city, but compared to Mexico City, it is a country town at best. Those are the facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City