Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Greenville SC, Fayetteville AR, Prescott AZ, St. Augustine FL
Greenville 10 50.00%
Fayetteville 3 15.00%
Prescott 5 25.00%
St. Augustine 2 10.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2021, 02:55 PM

1,110 posts, read 746,160 times

Advertisements

We're a young family, working from home & homeschooling, and are looking for a smaller city (or large town) with a few conveniences. Safety and mild to warmer climate are higher on our priority list. A place that doesn't feel crowded with decent views is a plus. We're also a multi-ethnic family if it makes a difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2021, 04:06 PM

6,772 posts, read 4,514,172 times
I especially love Greenville and Fayetteville. SC and AR is very homeschool friendly. I like St. Augustine too. Prescott is ok, but pretty expensive.

Old 02-08-2021, 05:04 PM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,753,287 times
Prescott would be my top choice, if money’s not too much of a problem. Of these states, Arizona probably is the most homeschool friendly.
St. Augustine being on the ocean seems pretty cool. Florida isn’t my thing, but most people would probably go for it. It seems reasonably priced for what it is.
I’m from Arkansas but can’t recommend Fayetteville. Greenville doesn’t do anything for me either but might be a half step up from Fayetteville. The latter is in a less crowded part of the country so it at least has that going for it.
For the criteria given, some place in Texas might be a little better fit.

Old 02-08-2021, 05:48 PM

20 posts, read 24,603 times
greenville s.c
❤❤❤

Old 02-09-2021, 10:05 AM

7,777 posts, read 10,156,636 times
Prescott is, to me, much smaller than the others. Obviously the cutoff point depends on your perspective, but Fayetteville is about 3 times larger than Prescott and for me is the smallest place I would consider.

If you're looking at St Aug and not needing too many amenities or crowds, then consider Palm Coast which is just a bit further south. You still have access to Jax when needed but you should be able to get beaches and chill living for even cheaper. Plus FL is the only option you have listed with no state income tax.

Greenville and Fayetteville are both quite nice for their size.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City