Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Country Better
Prince George's (MD) 17 56.67%
DeKalb County (GA) 13 43.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 11:06 AM
XFS XFS started this thread

22 posts, read 38,144 times

Advertisements

Both are majority black county which one you guys choose? One Thing Both County are close to Washington DC and Atlanta.

Transportation

Traffic

Food

Schools

Government
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2015, 12:51 PM

549 posts, read 627,413 times
DC > Atlanta.

So Prince George by default.

Old 07-13-2015, 02:33 PM

37,929 posts, read 42,193,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyCNY View Post
DC > Atlanta.

So Prince George by default.
Except it doesn't actually work like that.

Old 07-13-2015, 03:45 PM

Location: That star on your map in the middle of the East Coast, DMV
8,194 posts, read 7,655,374 times
This has been done already, have lived in both, PG is greater period.

Last edited by the resident09; 07-13-2015 at 04:57 PM..

Old 07-13-2015, 08:34 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,249,174 times
Born and bred in PG County but have yet to visit DeKalb County (and Metro ATL in general) but I'll say this, Decatur looks like a pretty cool little city.

Old 07-13-2015, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
Born and bred in PG County but have yet to visit DeKalb County (and Metro ATL in general) but I'll say this, Decatur looks like a pretty cool little city.
It is. I don't think PG has an equivalent to downtown Decatur. But here are my picks:

Transportation: PG

Traffic: Not sure...busy in both.

Food: Not too sure about this either but I'm thinking DeKalb might take this one.

Schools: If you include higher ed, then it may be a tie or just a slight edge to DeKalb. PG has UMD and Bowie State; DeKalb has Emory, Oglethorpe, and Agnes Scott.

Government: Not exactly sure what this means, but in terms of federal government employers, PG certainly takes this one with Andrews Air Force Base, the Census Bureau, and Goddard Space Flight Center. However, DeKalb is home to the nation's and one of the world's primary public health agencies (CDC) which is nothing to sneeze at.

Some other categories:

Shopping: I think DeKalb probably takes this due to Perimeter Mall and some of the retail in the vicinity.

Recreation: DeKalb has Stone Mountain Park for one; not too familiar with PG in this respect.

Old 07-13-2015, 11:27 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,134,869 times
I will stay silent on whether or not DC is better than Atlanta. That's irrelevant to this discussion and has been discussed on this site before.

But having lived in DeKalb for ten years, Prince George's County >= anything else > DeKalb. I don't think PGC has reached the depths of DeKalb corruption.

- skbl17

Old 07-14-2015, 12:44 AM

6,208 posts, read 9,249,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
It is. I don't think PG has an equivalent to downtown Decatur. But here are my picks:

Transportation: PG

Traffic: Not sure...busy in both.

Food: Not too sure about this either but I'm thinking DeKalb might take this one.

Schools: If you include higher ed, then it may be a tie or just a slight edge to DeKalb. PG has UMD and Bowie State; DeKalb has Emory, Oglethorpe, and Agnes Scott.

Government: Not exactly sure what this means, but in terms of federal government employers, PG certainly takes this one with Andrews Air Force Base, the Census Bureau, and Goddard Space Flight Center. However, DeKalb is home to the nation's and one of the world's primary public health agencies (CDC) which is nothing to sneeze at.

Some other categories:

Shopping: I think DeKalb probably takes this due to Perimeter Mall and some of the retail in the vicinity.

Recreation: DeKalb has Stone Mountain Park for one; not too familiar with PG in this respect.
The closest we might have to Decatur is probably the City of Hyattsville and the University Town Center area. I saw some of those pics of Decatur from one of the ATL posters on their home forum (think his IP was AirforceGuy) and they looked really awesome. Some of those colorful apartments and street art in the Decatur pictures looked pretty damn sexy I'll admit.

Old 07-14-2015, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbl17 View Post
I will stay silent on whether or not DC is better than Atlanta. That's irrelevant to this discussion and has been discussed on this site before.

But having lived in DeKalb for ten years, Prince George's County >= anything else > DeKalb. I don't think PGC has reached the depths of DeKalb corruption.

- skbl17
Corruption is everywhere and PG ain't immune; a simple Google search will reveal that. https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...2%20corruption Just a few of the results:

46 Prince George's County officers suspended or on administrative duty
Jack Johnson, former Prince George
Developer in Prince George's Co. corruption case sentenced

Old 07-14-2015, 06:51 AM

2,615 posts, read 4,689,468 times
Default boredatwork

PG for the hood rep
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City