Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where would you rather live out of the three?
St. Louis 9 14.75%
Houston 34 55.74%
Milwaukee 18 29.51%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 09:05 PM

5,025 posts, read 5,681,843 times

Advertisements

Nightlife: Houston
Culture: St. Louis (could easily be Houston, but I like the aesthetic of St. Louis' culture/museums over a 'new' look, even if Houston offers more. Milwaukee could win this one on virtue of being 90 minutes from Chicago though)
Shopping: Houston
Dining: Houston
Weather: Milwaukee
Scenery: Milwaukee
Outdoor Activities: St. Louis
Crime Rate: Milwaukee
Economy: Houston
History: St. Louis

None of these are especially different from each other, though I think I like the Milwaukee aesthetic/weather best, so probably for me, Milwaukee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2015, 12:59 AM

1,099 posts, read 1,430,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesarstl View Post
So you are saying these things are better in STL, right? or? I've never really heard people say Milwaukee is in another league than St. Louis... either the same tier or it's St. Louis that's in another league being the pretty substantial size differences.
Yes; where did I say Milwaukee was better than St. Louis?

Old 07-30-2015, 06:25 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,978,509 times
This is a wild comparison.

Houston is so much bigger and the population is growing.

St. Louis is not growing but not loosing. At the same time a very livable city.

I can't comment on Milwaukee but seems to be different than both St. Louis and Houston. It is the smallest of the 3.

This type of comparison seems silly. It would be better to read Houston vs Dallas or Atlanta or St. Louis vs Cleveland or Milwaukee vs Louisville or Memphis.

These cities don't compare very well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City