Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2015, 07:45 AM

41 posts, read 68,950 times

Advertisements

I may be receiving a job offer soon that has these 2 locations so I've been doing a lot of thinking on this. Quick background on me, my wife and I are currently in IL and hate it, we moved here for work but we are ready to bolt. We lived in socal previously and her family is there, and I have family in Prescott, AZ. Anyway, I'm trying to decide which would be better, but right now i like ABQ better even though Reno would be a little bit closer to her family driving wise. Both seem to have similar weather, although Reno probably gets a bit colder and gets more snow. I love the idea of having 4 mild seasons, and I've heard that ABQ's weather is similar to Prescott, which I love. My wife works in the hospitality industry(hotel sales) so if anyone can comment on how that market is in ABQ and the job prospects that would be great.

I'm not sure if anyone on here has lived in both places but I guess I'm just looking for advice. I've never been to Reno but I've driven through ABQ on the way to IL and stayed the night there, but that wasn't nearly long enough to form an opinion.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2015, 08:28 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,925,385 times
You might read this thread: Reno v. Albuquerque

There are other ABQ, Albuquerque comparison (with other locations) threads in this forum...

We have lived in the ABQ area 10+ years. Initially because of a job and I liked the area and now retired.

My visits to Reno were brief and on business, can not really comment.

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 10-26-2015 at 08:37 AM..

Old 10-26-2015, 10:10 AM

41 posts, read 68,950 times
Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City