Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 10:06 PM

2,453 posts, read 2,354,729 times

Advertisements

North Carolina.
Great Schools: Duke, Chapel Hill
Great Cities: Charlotte, Asheville
Beautiful scenery: You've got mountains and coast
Friendly people
Great geographical location
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2015, 11:08 AM

650 posts, read 859,973 times
If you can't handle Florida's bugs and snakes, then your not going to be able handle Texas bugs and snakes.

Personally I'd pick Florida. I love Florida.

Old 01-02-2016, 05:35 PM

912 posts, read 907,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwolfer View Post
I would recommend a good exercise program, talk to you doctor and a personal trainer who specializes in people with arthritis and other pre-existing health problems. It would help the asthma, arthritis, SAD and overall general mental health to be more active.

You may find Maryland seems a whole lot better. Moving to a new place wont change you

If you have family support in MD it makes life much easier, moving to another state you would loose that. Much easier to date if you can rely on a family member to watch your child etc.
Thank you. My condition is a bit more complex than that. Even at 15* body fat, I have arthritis, partially due to "excessive exercise", the doctor said, on top of an injury at a young age (hit by drunk driver).

Asthma also isn't due to lack of exercise. Doc says it's due to my hormones changing when I had my baby.

I do appreciate your input, though. For most people, that would be what I would tell them to do too.

Old 01-02-2016, 05:40 PM

912 posts, read 907,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunion Powder View Post
Since Texas is closest to your son's father, I would say that is the easy choice. You did say you liked the place, right?

Weather wise, Austin will be the furthest thing from what you're dealing with in Maryland, but it will also be the most generally expensive option. Find a job and go from there.
Thank you. I'm not concerned with proximity to my son's father. He very rarely visits and Child Services told me to take my son out of CA to get him away from the ex.

Well, TX isn't easy on the eyes and isn't near an ocean, but that's not at the top of my list. I'm more practical than that. I like the low COL, strong job market, good schools, milder winters, and available bachelors -- some cities are predominantly married couples, for instance (not in that order).

Old 01-02-2016, 06:21 PM

51 posts, read 73,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalballmagic View Post
If you can't handle Florida's bugs and snakes, then your not going to be able handle Texas bugs and snakes.

Personally I'd pick Florida. I love Florida.
Actually, if anything, Florida would have more superfluous bugs and snakes than Texas, when the two states are compared as a whole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName14289 View Post
Thank you. I'm not concerned with proximity to my son's father. He very rarely visits and Child Services told me to take my son out of CA to get him away from the ex.

Well, TX isn't easy on the eyes and isn't near an ocean, but that's not at the top of my list. I'm more practical than that. I like the low COL, strong job market, good schools, milder winters, and available bachelors -- some cities are predominantly married couples, for instance (not in that order).
Texas has a coastline. Get a map.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City