Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Brighter future of the two?
Atlanta 94 47.47%
Seattle 104 52.53%
Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 08:59 AM

4,010 posts, read 3,750,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamills21 View Post
Holy generalizations batman.

Y'all need to leave the south man.
Point out what is false in what i said brother......

(Eats popcorn)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2016, 09:00 AM

2,322 posts, read 2,990,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldm View Post
Point out what is false in what i said brother......

(Eats popcorn)
Little bits and pieces of everything...I also heard the blacks eat sushi there for kwanzaa

Old 01-28-2016, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Little bits and pieces of everything...I also heard the blacks eat sushi there for kwanzaa
Step to the front of the congregation Jamills21. We are waiting for your answer

Old 01-28-2016, 09:12 AM

2,985 posts, read 4,882,532 times
Quote:
Can't really compare these cities because they are so different......

One of these cities get dark at 4:15pm, has rainy weather just about daily, isolated from the rest of the country, men are beating down like dogs by the local women, Seattle Freeze, poor nighlife that shuts down too early, lots of concerts skip on this city, the average man has been beaten down so much by the opposite sex that they are wussies (cant use the word I want to use), etc. The only good time there is in the summer. The city is pretty, great if you like the outdoors, walkable, great job market, etc but these cities shouldn't be compared because they are so different. Atlanta on the other hand is cheaper, near other cities, women are happy when you approach them, in Seattle you are looked at as a creep if you try to talk to a woman (generally speaking), people are much nicer here, 6pm is when it is completely dark here, more concerts, more entertainment, etc, etc, etc. Bring the average single man from Seattle to Atlanta for a week and he will not want to move back.

As far as which city has the brightest future well Seattle's economy is mostly from MS and Amazon. Seattle goes have good schools also. Atlanta has plenty of headquarters, cheaper cost of living, way more annual visitors which brings money to the city, better universities which keep educated people moving here and we don't have to wait until July to have fun.

Look at this shytty weather lol. No sun and rain for the next 15 days https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USWA0395:1:US
WHOA! Life must be difficult for someone who believes so many stereotypes. And most of your views on gender relations belong in the 1940's. Have fun in the south, buddy. Don't chew too much tobacco--it'll ruin your teeth.

Old 01-28-2016, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatsbyGatz View Post
WHOA! Life must be difficult for someone who believes so many stereotypes. And most of your views on gender relations belong in the 1940's. Have fun in the south, buddy. Don't chew too much tobacco--it'll ruin your teeth.

Point out what I said that is false please

Old 01-28-2016, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Point out what is false in what i said brother......(still waiting for your answer)
Isolated from the rest of the country: Not really, this isn't 1920, people have planes and Seattle is around enough cities that it really isn't a problem.

men are beating down like dogs by the local women: C'mon man...

Seattle Freeze: True...I'll let Seattle posters comment.

poor nighlife that shuts down too early: Not True at all. 2am last call permitting Seattle has some of the best nightlife on the Westcoast.

lots of concerts skip on this city: True....

the average man has been beaten down so much by the opposite sex that they are wussies (cant use the word I want to use): C'mon man

The only good time there is in the summer: Fall, Spring. Winter is also more pleasant than ATL. It rains alot yes. But there humidy is a different type of "damp" type humidty.

I just really don't like the broad generalizations really.

Old 01-28-2016, 09:28 AM

7,743 posts, read 15,866,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL3000 View Post
Yet no one mentions that it takes one inch of snow to shut the entire Atlanta metro down...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la-PK1wQrWs
Yea, Seattle generally doesn't deal with snow very well and it doesn't take a lot to shut down as well LOL

They're such different cities...

I'd have to give it to Atlanta, it's more well rounded, with lots of good universities around and with the lower COL, just easier for the common people to live.

Old 01-28-2016, 09:28 AM

Quote:

Isolated from the rest of the country: Not really, this isn't 1920, people have planes and Seattle is around enough cities that it really isn't a problem. My statement is true. The only cities that have in driving distance is Vancouver and Portland.

men are beating down like dogs by the local women: C'mon man...This is 100% true. This is the culture of Seattle. Ask any single male transplant and they will tell you the same thing. The single men are mentally beaten down like dogs there. Im not hear to back up my statement. I know what is true. If you think the average single man in Seattle is going out on dates weekly, getting phone numbers left and right from the local women, etc then you have the right to believe that.

Seattle Freeze: True...I'll let Seattle posters comment.

poor nighlife that shuts down too early: Not True at all. 2am last call permitting Seattle has some of the best nightlife on the Westcoast. There is more to nightlife than having bars next to each other. Im not here to compare Seattle nightlife to the rest of the west coast, I'm comparing it to Atlanta

lots of concerts skip on this city: True....

the average man has been beaten down so much by the opposite sex that they are wussies (cant use the word I want to use): C'mon man (Its true, ask the average single male transplant that has moved to Seattle)

The only good time there is in the summer: Fall, Spring. Winter is also more pleasant than ATL. It rains alot yes. But there humidy is a different type of "damp" type humidty.

I just really don't like the broad generalizations really.

Everything I said is true. Dont believe me, ask the average single male transplant in Seattle. (Dont ask the locals because they might not know any better). Do a thread in the Seattle forum and ask transplants only how the dating/male/female relations are in Seattle to see for yourself....im not into going back and forth, believe what you want, I know the truth. Holla!

Old 01-28-2016, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Everything I said is true. Step in front of the congregation an apologize to me sir for questioning me

No...Cause those are generalizations & not factual. That would be like saying all my female friends in ATL find dating hard because of the amount of Down Low Males living there. That is a gross generalization and those types of statements need to stop.

Old 01-28-2016, 09:33 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,687,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL3000 View Post
I believe both Washington and Georgia are red states but Georgia can sometimes come across as the spiteful and ornery unreconstructed type of red state while Washingtonians lean more practical libertarian.
Washington is not a red state. It's a solidly blue liberal state. IDK where u got that info? Washington is one of the most liberal and democratic voting states in the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City