Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is better?
El Paso 17 94.44%
Laredo 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 09:00 PM

1,741 posts, read 2,602,060 times

Advertisements

I voted for El Paso but that doesn't mean I don't like Laredo too. It's just that El Paso is bigger and better overall.

El Paso to me seems to be making strides lately that will help it become more popular with people and to change its image.

There are plans for a downtown-university streetcar loop similar to Tucson's and it has its new AAA baseball team in their awesome downtown ballpark. An arena is also in the works for its downtown area. That should help get the ball rolling with transforming all its great but neglected or underused historic buildings downtown. El Paso has a big advantage there over its peers like Tucson and Albuquerque where we mostly have to try and recreate that awesome old school urban feel and architecture.

And with things improving in Juarez hopefully the border crossings will increase into Mexico and that will help the entire Juarez-El Paso-Las Cruces area become more cohesive in feel and bring with it prosperity to give it more of a feel of an area of almost three million people that it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2016, 09:05 PM

200 posts, read 385,455 times
I sometimes feel that El Paso is just a suburb of Juarez and that Juarez is the real name. Laredo likely is the same with Nuevo Laredo. Probably Laredo feels like a suburb of Nuevo Laredo. But by far, San Diego, hands down, is the best border city. Maybe El Paso comes in 2nd place. How are The Rio Grand Valley Cities? I know McAllen, Harlingen, and Brownsville are all like the DFW Metroplex in the sense that they are all connected together or very close by.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City