Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: San Jose vs San Diego
San Jose 29 15.51%
San Diego 158 84.49%
Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 07:47 PM

3,814 posts, read 3,972,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
San Diego is Arizona Beach. Camo-clad neo-con bros in their big trucks, who only watch 'Merican sports like baseball and football. They're pretty good at enslaving marine mammals and forcing them to do tricks for braindead tourists, though.

Funny how it even manages to be significantly less dense than San Jose.

However, I do appreciate how that place consistently demonstrates that Republicans can bankrupt a city as well as any Democrat. Thanks for blowing up that Fox News talking point, San Diego.

Actually it is more like Iowa beach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2016, 10:02 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,288,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
Actually it is more like Iowa beach.
It's the one-dimensional image that Iowans dream of when they think about California. Just golf courses and polo shirts, with company picnics on the beach. San Diego is peak existence for conformists and underachievers. #trump2016

Old 02-10-2016, 10:39 PM

3,814 posts, read 3,972,837 times
Quote:
It's the one-dimensional image that Iowans dream of when they think about California. Just golf courses and polo shirts, with company picnics on the beach. San Diego is peak existence for conformists and underachievers. #trump2016

Having grown up in the LA area and having lived in SD, I can attest to the fact that SD is probably the most over rated city in California.

Though the city does have a hot marketing team.

All these posters from fly over country do not realize that pretty much everyone moves to SD, lives there for a few years, and leaves once their military deployment ends. Or their roommates leave and they can no longer afford their SLUMpartment on a barista /Sea World wage.

The beach is great. You can do yoga and meditate, as you ponder the total lack of opportunity in the San Diego area. There is a poster in the SD forum who noted that even in tech SD companies pay much less than the do in LA, because there is an endless supply of new transplants from fly over country who compete for the low wage jobs.

That does not work in markets like San Jose or LA, where tech salaries command big money.

Old 02-10-2016, 11:17 PM

1,227 posts, read 1,581,118 times
Kind of a dumb question but I think this thread is appropriate to ask: are Santa Clara County expressways any different than your average thoroughfare in San Jose?

Or do they not have sidewalks and are limited access except for major streets?

Old 02-11-2016, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
Having grown up in the LA area and having lived in SD, I can attest to the fact that SD is probably the most over rated city in California.

Though the city does have a hot marketing team.

All these posters from fly over country do not realize that pretty much everyone moves to SD, lives there for a few years, and leaves once their military deployment ends. Or their roommates leave and they can no longer afford their SLUMpartment on a barista /Sea World wage.

The beach is great. You can do yoga and meditate, as you ponder the total lack of opportunity in the San Diego area. There is a poster in the SD forum who noted that even in tech SD companies pay much less than the do in LA, because there is an endless supply of new transplants from fly over country who compete for the low wage jobs.

That does not work in markets like San Jose or LA, where tech salaries command big money.
And we know most SJ hate here comes from those who are insecure about their education/career/salary. That's why they fall back into a high school mentality which says that Silicon Valley is a bunch of nerds who are totally missing out on the hater's grand social life. San Jose doesn't know how great the beach is, brah, because it's all the way over a hill and not in city limits!

Old 02-11-2016, 09:55 AM

18,957 posts, read 32,406,811 times
Quote:
And we know most SJ hate here comes from those who are insecure about their education/career/salary. That's why they fall back into a high school mentality which says that Silicon Valley is a bunch of nerds who are totally missing out on the hater's grand social life. San Jose doesn't know how great the beach is, brah, because it's all the way over a hill and not in city limits!
Oh the irony given your posts in this thread.

Guess the comparison to San Diego gets under your skin more than usual if you actually write more than your typical snarky one-liner.

Old 02-11-2016, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Oh the irony given your posts in this thread.

Guess the comparison to San Diego gets under your skin more than usual if you actually write more than your typical snarky one-liner.
Says the guy who monitors my posting habits...

Old 02-11-2016, 11:29 AM

18,957 posts, read 32,406,811 times
Quote:
Says the guy who monitors my posting habits...
Yes I see your posts, I guess that's "monitors" to you? But back to the snarky one liners I see...

Kind of funny to see you flip your lid like this though.

Old 02-11-2016, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Yes I see your posts, I guess that's "monitors" to you? But back to the snarky one liners I see...

Kind of funny to see you flip your lid like this though.
If you had asked me a week ago about San Diego, I'd have said:

"Good beer; hope they keep the Chargers."

But in this mess of a forum, there will be mutually assured destruction. Throw bull**** one way and it will be thrown back. That's not flipping my lid, it's playing the part of a poster here. I've articulated multi-paragraph replies before, but it all bounces off empty heads.

Now go back to your beach volleyball game, and don't forget the chest bumps.

Old 02-11-2016, 09:04 PM

3,212 posts, read 3,151,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the topper View Post
San Jose is the Capital of Silicon Valley and high tech capital of the world. What San Diego is? a navy or a biotech town? San Jose has the world class stadium that just hosted the superbowl in its backyard. It's hosting MLS soccer allstar this summer at its Avaya stadium. Its airport flies to many places in the world and is the most modern one. It's Santana Row/Valley Fair destroys San Diego's shopping. The weather is better in SJ during the summer since it's not fogging and gloomy like San Diego. It even has a better and more thoughtful downtown than San Diego, even though I think it's a tie. Can go and on

What kind of word is "fogging"? San Jose's summer nights are way too cold and you need a hoodie if you're going to hang outside past 7PM. A high of 85 is usually followed by a low of 55. Pools need heating to be swimmable even in the middle of the afternoon because they get too cold from the night air. San Diego gets some June Gloom and overcast days but it's a lot warmer than San Francisco. A typical overcast day will be around 66 in the morning and 72 in the afternoon. Come August, the June gloom is gone and we get warm and sunny days with highs in the low 80s followed by lows around 70. When did San Jose last have a night time low that warm that you could comfortably swim at 10PM or hang outside a bar in shorts and a tee shirt at midnight? Only thing you have on us is May and June. San Diego has far more winter days above 70F which is also rare in San Jose. You barely get more rain than us but you get a lot more cold overcast drizzle while in San Diego in winter, it can pour one day and be sunny and 68 the next.

Check out the weather stats for July through October and January through March and tell me if San Jose could EVER get anything like it.

Last edited by ABrandNewWorld; 02-11-2016 at 09:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City