Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2016, 10:59 AM

2 posts, read 775 times

Advertisements

Hey guys!

In August 2016 I'm for one month in the United States doing a language travel - for my first time.
At the moment i have booked Honolulu, but today i have heard to learn English is not the best there. Also the fact (read here) that honolulu is an island with not many activities makes me a little bit nervous.
And I'm there for one month! I mean we also visting pearl harbor, the beaches and doing amazing sky diving, but after school from monday to friday (9am. till 2pm.) it sounds extremely less and boring.

But there also so many things for Honolulu, the climate, the wonderfull beaches and water...
So, what city you prefer or would you choose for an one month travel language?

The good thing - i can change the destination!

Still Honolulu or Los Angeles or San Francisco. (San Diego and Barbara also possible) But i want to see a more bigger citys.

I love Party at night and activities like skydiving but also chilling at wonderful beaches and great music.
Oh and i'm 22 years old!

Best greets from Austria - the schwarzenegger country haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2016, 11:56 AM

1,424 posts, read 2,487,719 times
I don't see how anyone can bored with Honolulu in just one month, as there is so much to do, especially if you enjoy outdoor activities.

Nonetheless, if you want clubbing type of partying, LA would be your best choice, San Francisco is more of a lounge/bar hopping city (which I prefer anyways).

Personally, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the three. I think the best perk about LA or SF over Honolulu, is that you can plan weekend getaways to other nearby destinations (Santa Barbara, San Diego, Las Vegas etc).

Old 02-07-2016, 02:03 AM

2 posts, read 775 times
Thanks for your reply rudyod!

Ok that sounds great! But one last thing makes me a little nervouse, the language in honolulu.
Is it good there for learning english? Because they also speak hawaiian...

What would you choose?

Greets

Old 02-07-2016, 05:18 AM

4,627 posts, read 3,393,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBelfort View Post
Thanks for your reply rudyod!

Ok that sounds great! But one last thing makes me a little nervouse, the language in honolulu.
Is it good there for learning english? Because they also speak hawaiian...

What would you choose?

Greets
English is widely spoken in Honolulu. You will have no problem learning and practicing English there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City