Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2016, 08:42 PM

7 posts, read 8,976 times

Advertisements

Hello which one of these cities would be better for families. A family of 5? I would like the city to be fun and have high end shopping nearby. San Jose seems safer has less traffic and the air is better. However in general it seems to pretty boring as the Shopping Center is in Santa Clara and San Francisco is a 1 hour drive. The case for Sherman Oaks is that it might not be as safe, the air is worse, more traffic however it seems like a lot more fun. 25 minutes to Beverly Hills and Santa Monica 30 minutes to Hollywood Boulevard the list goes on.
Yet in your opinion which is better for families.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2016, 12:39 AM

1,227 posts, read 1,586,444 times
Whats up with all these San Jose threads?

Let me ask you, what do you do for a living? Do you have a job offer in either place? If so, what are the different benefits to each job?

Old 02-14-2016, 03:20 AM

23,769 posts, read 28,922,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets Eat Candy View Post
Whats up with all these San Jose threads?

Let me ask you, what do you do for a living? Do you have a job offer in either place? If so, what are the different benefits to each job?
I think a certain San Jose noob poster has finally found a city Jose can beat and can now stop creating new personas for the purpose of creating these threads.

Old 02-15-2016, 11:10 AM

2,406 posts, read 6,019,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooben View Post
Hello which one of these cities would be better for families. A family of 5? I would like the city to be fun and have high end shopping nearby. San Jose seems safer has less traffic and the air is better. However in general it seems to pretty boring as the Shopping Center is in Santa Clara and San Francisco is a 1 hour drive. The case for Sherman Oaks is that it might not be as safe, the air is worse, more traffic however it seems like a lot more fun. 25 minutes to Beverly Hills and Santa Monica 30 minutes to Hollywood Boulevard the list goes on.
Yet in your opinion which is better for families.
Just to correct something, the high end shopping you're referring to is actually in San Jose, not Santa Clara. Santana Row is in San Jose. Across the street, Valley Fair Mall actually sits mostly in San Jose and partially in Santa Clara.

I'm also not sure how you determine that a place is boring based on its shopping options. Some people actually don't like to shop at all. I always found plenty to do in San Jose when I lived there, and none of it revolved around shopping.

Also, San Jose actually does have quite a bit of traffic. San Jose is also just as close to many fun or scenic places and there are things to do within San Jose, it's just not much of a tourist destination. It's a little more difficult to seek out fun things to do in San Jose than some other big cities in CA.

Old 02-16-2016, 06:52 PM

7 posts, read 8,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstnghu2 View Post
Just to correct something, the high end shopping you're referring to is actually in San Jose, not Santa Clara. Santana Row is in San Jose. Across the street, Valley Fair Mall actually sits mostly in San Jose and partially in Santa Clara.

I'm also not sure how you determine that a place is boring based on its shopping options. Some people actually don't like to shop at all. I always found plenty to do in San Jose when I lived there, and none of it revolved around shopping.

Also, San Jose actually does have quite a bit of traffic. San Jose is also just as close to many fun or scenic places and there are things to do within San Jose, it's just not much of a tourist destination. It's a little more difficult to seek out fun things to do in San Jose than some other big cities in CA.
Thank you for actually answering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City