Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is more desirable?
San Diego 154 57.89%
Philadelphia 112 42.11%
Voters: 266. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 08:42 PM

313 posts, read 336,836 times

Advertisements

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-3...nlopen0067.JPG Not far from our summer house in Rehoboth Beach . The fishing is great and the serf temp in August is in the low 80's . Sorry no rail line on this beach but there is a ferry to Cape May . The ride to Cape May from Cape Henlopen is about 1.5 hrs. .

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-28-2016 at 11:57 AM.. Reason: copyright violations
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2016, 10:37 PM

8,700 posts, read 14,694,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
^^^are those your photos??
You know 90% of those San Diego photos weren't those peoples photos right?

Old 02-27-2016, 11:08 PM

8,700 posts, read 14,694,435 times
Philadelphia

My photos

Old 02-27-2016, 11:55 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,644,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainrock View Post
You must have the Philadelphia Pa,South NJ,Del region confused with some other Philadelphia.

The Philadelphia regions landscape is quite diverse and expansive as it blends from the Atlantic Coast,Piedmont rolling hills and valleys , and touches the Appalachian Mountains. San Diego though gifted is seemingly claustrophobic in comparison.

You head 40 miles east of SD and its like taking a voyage thru Pluto. You can can go 300-400 West/North/South/East of Philly and its an amazing landscape.

Philadelphias landscape? Not boring at all.
Not sure how anyone could say the ocean and desert feel "claustrophobic", especially compared to the dense, forested landscape of the eastern US. Nice pics though, I always can appreciate the lush forests and fall colors of the eastern US.

Old 02-28-2016, 12:21 AM

These are my pics of SD, most are not the best quality as they were taken with a cell phone form 2010 or earlier.

Windansea Beach (my favorite)

Pacific Beach, 8 blocks from my old apt.

From Pt Lomas, prob from Lucinda St (https://goo.gl/maps/72xHv3iqTV72)

Petco Park

View from rooftop bar "Altitude"

Torrey Pines Gliderport just south of Torrey Pines Gold Course (PGA quality municipal course)

Old 02-28-2016, 12:35 AM

More of my pics
El Prado in Balboa Park

Pond/pool in front of Botanical Building and inside (which is not actually enclosed with windows/glass panels)

View towards La Jolla Shores

La Jolla Cove

View from Coronado

Cedar Creek Falls/Devils Punchbowl about 45 min east of the beach

Old 02-28-2016, 08:45 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,910,924 times
some great pictures on both sides here. I really enjoy both places and see the pros and cons to both. To suggest either offer some nothingness is just ludacris to be honest. See folks from either camp doing this.

I love the coastal and mountainous regions in SD and love the rolling hills and beaches and bays in the Philly area, both have some amazing areas IMHO, plus both have some pretty stellar craft beers with SD being more famous in that regard.

These are not mine but a simple link - Bucks county has some pretty amazing areas just outside of Philly proper and most parts within an 30-60 minutes of CC Philly and many within 90 minutes of Manhattan, maybe not what you might expect in that distance in many ways. This area (like the Hudson river valley) is also home to one of the more important art camps for American artists and landscapes may show why. Also Wyeth and the Brandywine river alley west of Philly also has its own as well.

I do believe that people with a belief that are no very pretty sceneries around Philly have never been there for the most part.

https://www.google.com/search?q=buck...+county+vistas

not trying to say Philly is better or worse, one thing to me is both these offer great is different options, not a bad thing to me

Old 02-28-2016, 05:20 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,737,271 times
Rehoboth Beach and Wildwood? Those places are 1.5-2 hours away from Philly! That's like me trying to say that Disneyland and the Hollywood Sign are in San Diego. That's just weird.

Old 02-28-2016, 05:56 PM

Downtown San Diego isn't bad for a sunbelt city

Saw a Phillies game last time I was there, nice stadium but it's in the middle of a gigantic parking lot, unlike Petco

Some random aerials, look how brown and dead everything looks?

We have a roller coaster 10 minutes away from downtown, not 1.5 hours

Because people keep insisting that no one goes into the ocean along the Pacific

Does it look like this anywhere along the Atlantic?

Doesn't everyone ice skate on the beach?

Philly's skyline might be taller, but our palm trees tower over yours

Old 02-28-2016, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainrock View Post
San Diego though gifted is seemingly claustrophobic in comparison.
That's hilarious. This typical street in outside of the tourist areas of Philly is textbook clautrophobic and not in a good way

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ph...3e58c1!6m1!1e1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City