Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best city?
Palm Springs / Palm Desert 59 48.36%
Phoenix 63 51.64%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2019, 03:54 PM

23,690 posts, read 9,238,746 times

Advertisements

Phoenix
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2019, 09:19 PM

4,222 posts, read 3,682,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forzalugano View Post
Both are about the same weather wise, PS has easy access to the Mountains Idyllwild up Highway 74 in Palm Desert, Phoenix you can escape the heat into Peyson.

PS you have beaches and Los Angeles not far a drive,a huge plus, Phoenix is it own metro and has lot of facilities, although the day at the beach option is out.

For jobs Phoenix is better for overall location within reasonably close attractions I would say PS.
Why is the beach option out for Phoenix? We're in Rocky Point in a bit over 3 hours, in PS you're at the beach in about 2 hours if you don't hit too much traffic going through LA.

Old 04-01-2019, 09:33 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,853,301 times
I basically lived in PS for some years wasn't my favorite place, but having quick access to LA, SD, and most importantly the Beach beats Phoenix any day for me.

Old 04-01-2019, 09:59 PM

4,357 posts, read 4,187,814 times
How is this poll even this close?

Old 04-02-2019, 11:11 AM

3,416 posts, read 2,408,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
Why is the beach option out for Phoenix? We're in Rocky Point in a bit over 3 hours, in PS you're at the beach in about 2 hours if you don't hit too much traffic going through LA.
Probably because rocky point is in Mexico, and is flat as a lake. That doesn’t sound too desirable to me, and apparently not to the droves of zonies that flock our beaches every summer. I’ve met countless over the years and they say it’s easier, nicer, and safer just to come to San Diego.

Old 04-02-2019, 12:48 PM

2,033 posts, read 1,967,446 times
Never thought much of the Sonoran Desert as having beauty.

Old 04-06-2019, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSoup View Post
Probably because rocky point is in Mexico, and is flat as a lake. That doesn’t sound too desirable to me, and apparently not to the droves of zonies that flock our beaches every summer. I’ve met countless over the years and they say it’s easier, nicer, and safer just to come to San Diego.
Perfect response actually, it's already crowded enough in RP.

Nearly the entire east coast has flat water most of the year, unless a storm is coming through, and it doesn't stop droves of people from flocking to their beaches, including the entire gulf coast of Florida which is flat as can be as well, except for when a hurricane comes through.

I've been to both and RP has it's advantageous it's closer, friendlier, less hectic, cheaper, warmer water, and better seafood.

Old 04-06-2019, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastphilly View Post
Never thought much of the Sonoran Desert as having beauty.
It's pretty phenomenal actually.

Old 04-07-2019, 10:15 AM

4,147 posts, read 2,902,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
It's pretty phenomenal actually.

Only on the Arizona side. Palm Springs is the Sonora Desert, but hardly gets any monsoon rains compared to Phoenix and thus is nowhere as green as Phoenix during the summer. Nor are there any saguaros growing naturally in Palm Springs.

As for beaches, the water in Puerto Penasco is 80 plus degrees, a full ten degrees warmer than what it is in San Diego. So Phoenix all the way!

Old 04-09-2019, 05:21 PM

1,932 posts, read 2,448,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
How is this poll even this close?
It's close because this forum is full of Californians. Californians will never admit that any city in Arizona is better than a city in California. It's actually astonishing to me at this point. People in LA will crap on phoenix all day long and then turn around and spend a weekend in palm springs. Palm springs is basically a bootleg version of Scottsdale, at best. The Phoenix metro beats palm springs in just about every category, not even a competition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City