Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2016, 10:56 PM

273 posts, read 349,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Because, you know, MILLIONS of people around the world are just DYING to live in Reseda -- wherever the hell that is (honestly, I have no idea).

Funny thing about Atlanta and Georgia -- the film and TV industry there is BOOMING and lots of former Southern Californians who've made the move for employment reasons have, in fact, fallen in love with the place. The QOL vs COL is oeff the charts in Georgia compared to California. But try telling that to some ignoramious who lives in the valley and has never been further east than Vegas!
Reseda is a neighborhood in Los Angeles in the center of the San Fernando Valley. It's definitely not a prestigious area of LA but consider this; a typical two bedroom 1200 sq foot home built in 1965 in Reseda sells for about 400-450k. In Atlanta 450k would get you a 5000 sq foot mansion by a Atlanta Braves baseball player😀 I'm sure you could pick up a 60 year old two bedroom house in a gritty ATL hood for under 100k. This tells you right here how much more desirable LA is compared to ATL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2016, 08:12 AM

3,615 posts, read 2,329,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Valencia View Post
Reseda is a neighborhood in Los Angeles in the center of the San Fernando Valley. It's definitely not a prestigious area of LA but consider this; a typical two bedroom 1200 sq foot home built in 1965 in Reseda sells for about 400-450k. In Atlanta 450k would get you a 5000 sq foot mansion by a Atlanta Braves baseball player�� I'm sure you could pick up a 60 year old two bedroom house in a gritty ATL hood for under 100k. This tells you right here how much more desirable LA is compared to ATL.
450k gets you a mansion near a Atlanta braves baseball player? lol. Where, Buckhead? This forum is just an endless wealth of misinformation.

I bet people could move right near billionaires like Ted turner and celebs like tyler perry or elton john , right beside the ceo of Cox enterprises and the Cox family , Delta and UPS execs ,Mercedes or Porsche america, Coca Cola or Home depot execs and ceos for half a million. Lol

Last edited by floridanative10; 08-07-2016 at 08:21 AM..

Old 08-07-2016, 08:32 AM

1,462 posts, read 1,428,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Valencia View Post
Reseda is a neighborhood in Los Angeles in the center of the San Fernando Valley. It's definitely not a prestigious area of LA but consider this; a typical two bedroom 1200 sq foot home built in 1965 in Reseda sells for about 400-450k. In Atlanta 450k would get you a 5000 sq foot mansion by a Atlanta Braves baseball player😀 I'm sure you could pick up a 60 year old two bedroom house in a gritty ATL hood for under 100k. This tells you right here how much more desirable LA is compared to ATL.
You have bumped your head.
You cannot get a 5000 sq ft house in Atlanta for 450,000.
That just shows you know nothing about Atlanta. A 5000 sq foot house will cost at least 1 million unless its foreclosure or fixer upper.

Old 08-07-2016, 09:18 AM

3,615 posts, read 2,329,485 times
I dont know why people think atlanta is a very affordable city, when I was looking to move from Maryland, I found rents in atlanta for a 1 or 2 bedroom to be crazy. some of the higher in the country. I think the average one bedroom is around 1300-1400 in atlanta but most of the rents i saw in inman,, all throughout buckhead to be closer to the 1900-2,000 $ and up a month. Even little five points was very expensive.

Atlanta one bedroom rents were more expensive than Denver, Austin,Tampa ,Dallas Houston, Minneapolis,, tons of places. https://www.zumper.com/blog/rental-price-data

To me its crazy to spend 1800-2000+ a month in rent in any US city , you could probably have a nice place with a maid and live great in alot more foreign locales like bangkok,costa rica etc. If I am paying those kinds of crazy prices I would like a maid and masseuse service with my rent lol

Old 08-07-2016, 10:30 AM

7,132 posts, read 9,133,368 times
You can get a 5,000+ square foot house for 400k in the Atlanta area, but you have to live 25+ miles out from the core of the city and it can't be a super desirable suburb like Alpharetta or Roswell.

In the actual city though, a 5000+ square foot house, if it exists is several million.

As far as rents in the city, if you want to live in a nice desirable neighborhood that's pretty walkable, yeah rents are pretty expensive...remember Atlanta's west and south sides drag down the average rent, but no one wants to live in those areas so yeah, if you want to rent a 1 bedroom in Midtown, you're going to pay around 1700-1800 a month which still isn't that expensive to live in the core of the city, but it's expensive for the south and what someone would expect to pay in the Atlanta area.

Now as far as desirability and population growth, southern California is undoubtedly more desirable to live in than the Atlanta area, however the Atlanta area gets higher domestic incoming migration than both LA and San Diego, though LA probably gets higher immigration. In fact, if I recall, the LA area has a net loss in domestic migration, but grows because of natural births and foreign immigration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City