Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: America's second favorite city?
Boston 8 5.56%
Chicago 24 16.67%
Los Angeles 45 31.25%
Philadelphia 9 6.25%
San Diego 6 4.17%
San Francisco 40 27.78%
Seattle 5 3.47%
Washington DC 7 4.86%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2016, 08:09 AM

1,687 posts, read 1,436,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Miami's glitz is easier to find. So is its nightlife. Glamorous Miami is more accessible to tourists than glamorous LA.
Its still fsr smaller..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2016, 08:18 AM

2,249 posts, read 2,822,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy K View Post
Thars not what i said. You said its not like the movies and tv, yet theres a whole section that is. Ive seen it.

And the hollywood hills is more unique.
Yeah that glitzy stuff is not as accessible in LA. A lot of the mansions are closed off and places are more exclusive in LA. And no LA is not as glitzy as its shown in TV, LA is more about strip malls than anything else and you know it's true.

I find the media does a poor job representing the city's true character. On the contrary I actually like the parts of LA that aren't shown in the media instead of the Hollywood stuff.

Last edited by UrbanCheetah; 08-13-2016 at 08:27 AM..

Old 08-13-2016, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Its still fsr smaller..
But more accessible and the nightlife is better in Miami. Places don't close til like 6am in Miami. Heck even in Chicago the clubs and bars don't close til 4am. It may have a smaller nightlife and glitz scene but it's more accessible and better.

Anyways smaller doesn't mean worse. That's the dumbest logic. Houston is bigger then Boston or SF does that make it a better city?

Old 08-13-2016, 08:22 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,960,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCheetah View Post
Yeah that glitzy stuff is not as accessible in LA. A lot of the mansions are closed off and places are more exclusive in LA. And no LA is not as glitzy as its shown in TV, LA is more about strip malls than anything else and you know it's true.

I find the media does a poor job representing the city's true character.
This. There are freaking active oil wells in the city. It's far grittier than its image.

Old 08-13-2016, 08:44 AM

So is nyc.
What us your point?

Old 08-13-2016, 08:46 AM

Quote:
But more accessible and the nightlife is better in Miami. Places don't close til like 6am in Miami. Heck even in Chicago the clubs and bars don't close til 4am. It may have a smaller nightlife and glitz scene but it's more accessible and better.

Anyways smaller doesn't mean worse. That's the dumbest logic. Houston is bigger then Boston or SF does that make it a better city?
Its better in the la miami comparsion.
theres way more of it.

And dont bother compsring the celeb scenes.

Old 08-13-2016, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
This. There are freaking active oil wells in the city. It's far grittier than its image.
Yea, we see oil wells everywhere.
this forum is nuts.

Old 08-13-2016, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Its better in the la miami comparsion.
theres way more of it.

And dont bother compsring the celeb scenes.
I think Miami it's offered in a better and tighter package. In LA it's all spread out. You have the beach, clubs, bars, restaurants, mansions and downtown all very close to each other. I think that makes a better experience in regards to size

Old 08-13-2016, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Yea, we see oil wells everywhere.
this forum is nuts.
As are homers who get so defensive.

I have nothing against st LA. I'm just stating that all we see is the glitz and glamor. I find everything outside of Hollywood/BH in LA far more interesting as have other people that I know that have gone. Very small part of LA is Hollywood and the glamour. It's urban fabric is more interesting. Yet that's the face it makes and when you go see Hollywood you find there is nothing glitzy or glamorous about it.

Old 08-13-2016, 09:07 AM

Quote:
I think Miami it's offered in a better and tighter package. In LA it's all spread out. You have the beach, clubs, bars, restaurants, mansions and downtown all very close to each other. I think that makes a better experience in regards to size
Thsts your opinion. Ill take the lsrger area. Id get bored being in the same area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City