Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best city in the south outsid of the Big 4
Nashville 48 26.52%
Charlotte 37 20.44%
Raleigh 9 4.97%
New Orleans 30 16.57%
Tampa/Orlando 17 9.39%
Austin/San Antonio 21 11.60%
Louisville 4 2.21%
Other 15 8.29%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 08:54 AM

5,822 posts, read 5,627,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle4321 View Post
I wouldn't go to Charlotte... https://www.facebook.com/lauren.sout...45237539061128

Cities where lots of BLM are located are targeting whites, these crimes aren't often spoken about on main stream media because they go against their narrative.
Shows how little you know about Charlotte...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2016, 09:43 AM

9,680 posts, read 9,390,397 times
Quote:
I wouldn't go to Charlotte... https://www.facebook.com/lauren.sout...45237539061128

Cities where lots of BLM are located are targeting whites, these crimes aren't often spoken about on main stream media because they go against their narrative.
No one is targeting whites. Please don't spread lies...

Old 09-22-2016, 10:03 AM

37,881 posts, read 41,933,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _OT View Post
I mean they all have museums and theaters, of course, but they're not showcased on a level in which they should be, relative to their size. New Orleans and Birmingham alone have more museums than Charlotte, Orlando, and Tampa collectively.
Usually the only types of museums that will be "showcased" in a typical midsized city will be those that have a certain status (e.g., the WWII museum in NOLA that is affiliated with the Smithsonian) or those that are related to a specific event of national importance (e.g., the Civil Rights Institute in Birmingham). Outside of those two and the Dali Museum in Tampa, I don't think any other museum in any of those cities are really "showcased" in some prominent way.

New Orleans and Birmingham alone do NOT have more museums than Charlotte, Orlando, and Tampa collectively. Where are you getting that from? New Orleans may come close because it has a lot of historic houses that double as museums, but that's not true for Birmingham at all.

Quote:
Louisville and Birmingham also have more cohesive Theater Districts as well.
Theater districts are nice, but lots of cities don't have all of their performing arts venues clustered in one area but they still have plenty of venues (Atlanta is a good example).

Quote:
As far as Entertainment Districts go; outside of Uptown there's Noda, and Central Ave, in Tampa there's Ybor and maybe Hyde Park, and in Orlando there really isn't any other significant Entertainment District outside of DT. On the other hand, in the cores of Bham, Nola, and Lville, you have several throughout.
Outside of Uptown proper, Charlotte has SouthEnd, NC Music Factory, NoDa, Plaza-Midwood, and Elizabeth.--all of which are in the core of the city. So you'd be wrong about only Birmingham, New Orleans, and Louisville having multiple entertainment districts.

Quote:
And when it comes to food, I personally have New Orleans, Birmingham, and Louisville above Tampa, Orlando, Charlotte.

8 of the South's Best Foodie Cities - Deep South Magazine

https://www.bourbonandboots.com/blog...ities-for-food
I can see this one.

You left Austin out of your analyses though I see.

Old 09-22-2016, 12:02 PM
_OT

2,183 posts, read 2,417,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Usually the only types of museums that will be "showcased" in a typical midsized city will be those that have a certain status (e.g., the WWII museum in NOLA that is affiliated with the Smithsonian) or those that are related to a specific event of national importance (e.g., the Civil Rights Institute in Birmingham). Outside of those two and the Dali Museum in Tampa, I don't think any other museum in any of those cities are really "showcased" in some prominent way.

New Orleans and Birmingham alone do NOT have more museums than Charlotte, Orlando, and Tampa collectively. Where are you getting that from? New Orleans may come close because it has a lot of historic houses that double as museums, but that's not true for Birmingham at all.
In New Orleans there's NOMA, The WWII Museum, and the NO Mint. In Birmingham there's the Civil Rights Museum, BMOA, and the Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum (Largest Motorcycle Museum in the World). But outside of those, NO and Bham have a larger collection of smaller museums or historical places converted into museums; Negro League Museum, Vulcan, Sloss Furnace, Audubon, Jazz Museum, Ogden, and etc.

Old 09-22-2016, 12:03 PM
_OT

2,183 posts, read 2,417,464 times
Quote:

BLM is not an organization, it's a movement.

Old 09-22-2016, 12:03 PM

1,795 posts, read 1,876,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 812accucheck View Post
Lmao, I noticed Nashville literally wins every poll unless compared with some extra huge city like NYC or something. I see why tho, it's a great city.
Nashville has been on fire lately but it comes with a cost, price of living in Nashville has gone way up in the past 5 years.

Old 09-22-2016, 02:27 PM

37,881 posts, read 41,933,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _OT View Post
In New Orleans there's NOMA, The WWII Museum, and the NO Mint. In Birmingham there's the Civil Rights Museum, BMOA, and the Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum (Largest Motorcycle Museum in the World). But outside of those, NO and Bham have a larger collection of smaller museums or historical places converted into museums; Negro League Museum, Vulcan, Sloss Furnace, Audubon, Jazz Museum, Ogden, and etc.
NOLA, yes; Birmingham, no. Birmingham has more museums than one might think, but it most certainly doesn't have more total than Charlotte, Orlando, or Tampa combined. It has a similar number as each of them though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ums_in_Alabama
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...North_Carolina
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ums_in_Florida

Old 09-22-2016, 05:37 PM

977 posts, read 1,011,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
No one is targeting whites. Please don't spread lies...
Did you not see the video? They are targeting white people. Have you not seen the police that have been killed by these people? https://youtu.be/X-iIG1V5mY8 Go to about 45 seconds into the video. "Beat up any white person" and "no white people better be comin down Sherman". That sounds pretty targeting. You can also see them ealier beat a white guy up, so please stop being naive. I spread the truth.

At 2:00 in the video, " They beaten up every white person". Tell me again how is that not targeting whites?

Old 09-22-2016, 07:12 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,608,601 times
New Orleans. Nashville close 2nd.

Old 09-22-2016, 11:53 PM

9,680 posts, read 9,390,397 times
Quote:
Did you not see the video? They are targeting white people. Have you not seen the police that have been killed by these people? https://youtu.be/X-iIG1V5mY8 Go to about 45 seconds into the video. "Beat up any white person" and "no white people better be comin down Sherman". That sounds pretty targeting. You can also see them ealier beat a white guy up, so please stop being naive. I spread the truth.

At 2:00 in the video, " They beaten up every white person". Tell me again how is that not targeting whites?
You have no evidence any white people have been targeted in Charlotte, you are just repeating what you heard agitators say in a video. It is disingenuous of you to paint "they" meaning all protestors as violent. You are perpetuating the same derogatory narrative of certain media outlets. Please stop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City