Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What city has better weather? (for living purposes)
Atlanta 42 82.35%
St. Louis 9 17.65%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 09:22 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,592,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
St. Louis. It offers more solid seasons, and the summers get broken up with cooler, drier air from up North that Atlanta doesn't get. Plus, when it snows, St. Louis is far better equipped to deal with it, and everything doesn't shut down.
First, why is a solid winter a good thing? Second, St Louis on avg is much more humid than Atlanta in summer, they have more days with lows and dewpoints 75°+ than Atlanta and have more highs 95°+ than Atlanta
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2016, 09:27 AM

2,217 posts, read 3,900,194 times
Atlanta has better weather than St Louis. Unless you enjoy cooler winter weather I don't see how anyone could make an argument for St Louis having better weather than Atlanta.

Old 10-26-2016, 09:58 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,961,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
First, why is a solid winter a good thing? Second, St Louis on avg is much more humid than Atlanta in summer, they have more days with lows and dewpoints 75°+ than Atlanta and have more highs 95°+ than Atlanta
First, a solid winter can be enjoyed by many. Just because its not YOUR preference doesn't mean its a bad thing. Why is that so hard to understand? Second, yes, on average STL is more humid, but as I mentioned, it gets nice breaks from heat and humidity at times in the summer. Ive been in STL in mid-July and it was low 80's and pretty dry. Then on the way back to IL it was back in the low 90s and rather sticky.

Old 10-26-2016, 10:06 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,592,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
First, a solid winter can be enjoyed by many. Just because its not YOUR preference doesn't mean its a bad thing. Why is that so hard to understand? Second, yes, on average STL is more humid, but as I mentioned, it gets nice breaks from heat and humidity at times in the summer. Ive been in STL in mid-July and it was low 80's and pretty dry. Then on the way back to IL it was back in the low 90s and rather sticky.
I just find it funny that someone who moved from Chicago to Phoenix actially likes cold winters

Old 10-26-2016, 12:23 PM

6,772 posts, read 4,511,989 times
Places in the Midwest that are really landlocked, like St. Louis, tend to get pretty cold in the winter and pretty hot in the summer. Atlanta's winters are more moderate than SL.

Old 12-17-2016, 07:13 PM

17 posts, read 18,713 times
I'd probably say Atlanta if you like more humidity or St Louis if you like less humidity. Atlanta is a baking sweaty oven 10 months of the year while at Louis is quite a bit less intense from what I experienced.

Old 12-18-2016, 01:29 PM

1,849 posts, read 1,807,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nmlcal1204 View Post
As far as risk of tornadoes, how likely are you to encounter one? I'm terrified of them but I don't want to be sitting here thinking it's a bigger deal than it might be.
Coincidentally, both cities have had spring twisters that affected large populated areas in the last 10 years.

2008 Downtown Atlanta:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSGJHcStXLA

2011 STL Lambert Airport Tornado:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ovTo30_myI

Hands down, St. Louis is way more prone for deadly tornadoes than Atlanta, IMHO. But surprisingly both of these videos were F2 Tornadoes.

Old 12-18-2016, 01:39 PM

969 posts, read 2,072,170 times
I went to St.Louis once, despite desperate efforts otherwise from my family concerned with my safety. But I like to live on the edge, it's my nature. And though I did survive travel to such a deadly city, I wouldn't push my luck again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City