Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best metro in Florida?
Miami 82 53.25%
Orlando 26 16.88%
Tampa 46 29.87%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 11:46 PM

412 posts, read 509,163 times

Advertisements

Best:

Climate?
People?
Things to do?
Culture?
Where would you live?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2017, 01:51 AM

1 posts, read 13,513 times
I live in Florida. Specifically right between Tampa and Orlando. So in travel to both cities a lot. I mean it's Florida so when it comes to the weather that zeros out that. When it comes to People It's kind of hard to decide. Florida as a whole has very diverse culture and races. But when it comes to culture most definitely Miami hands down. As far as things to do I think Orlando and Miami are the best when it comes to 'trendy' restaurants. All 3 have great clubs and nightlife for younger audiences. But I feel when it comes to Orlando, this takes the cake because I never find myself getting bored there. With all the resorts and Disney and universal and a whole lot of other fun things to do. When it comes to jobs I feel they are evenly matched . When it comes to housing, Miami is very expensive to live Orlando has a grown housing market with a lot of neighborhoods building up everywhere. And Tampa falls somewhere in between. All 3 have great colleges to attend to. All at least 2 Major sports team. Me personally I would take Orlando. Miami Second. 3rd Tampa just simply because I have grew up in Tampa most of my life. But overall you can't go wrong with any of these 3 cities. All have great returants, great shoppings and stores to shop at, good beaches (Daytona beach for Orlando) and all 3 have that 'Flashy Rich Gang Lifestyle' vibe to them. You going to see young beautiful people, Flashy nice houses, And of course exotic cars. Compared to other states is nothing for us to see a Bentley, or a rolls Royce, or a Ferrari driving down the road, in some places people are in awe just to see a Maserati driving down the road. For us that's like watching a Toyota Camry drive down the road lol

Old 05-01-2017, 01:16 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,369,016 times
I prefer Miami.

Old 05-01-2017, 03:09 PM

7,775 posts, read 10,152,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayVanderbilt View Post
Best:

Climate?
People?
Things to do?
Culture?
Where would you live?
Hmm, I think objectively since the criteria doesn't include jobs or COL, this by default goes to Miami. Being about the same size as the other two combined, Miami simply has way more things to do, much more culture and diversity of culture, and clearly there are way more people "choosing" to live there.

Only category up for debate is "people," where you might be turned off by some of the superficiality, perhaps some sketchiness and hustling, and if it's not your thing, the heavy Latam influence. But again, being such a large metro, any one of those population segments is still just a segment and there are plenty of folks you can find who are different.

So Miami for me.

Old 05-02-2017, 08:31 AM

23,515 posts, read 23,986,796 times
I liked Tampa of the three.

Old 05-02-2017, 08:59 AM

44 posts, read 50,842 times
Since all your questions are subjective ill answer in my opinion:

Climate? I guess ill take Miami because less cold spells. But the next person may hate that.

People? None of the above lol

Things to do? I will go with Orlando because I like MLS over MLB/NFL and Universal over Busch Gardens. I also prefer the pool to the beach.

Culture? Miami if only to visit (not to live).

Where would you live? I live in Tampa area, but I would choose Orlando. I would choose Jacksonville over those 3 though.

Old 05-02-2017, 09:48 PM

1,719 posts, read 2,098,877 times
Quote:
Best:

Climate?
People?
Things to do?
Culture?
Where would you live?
Climate-Miami
People-Tampa or Orland
Things to do-Miami
Culture-Miami

I'd like to try out Tampa. Miami is too frenetic and feels too much like a foreign country overall. Orlando is inland.

Old 05-03-2017, 08:00 PM

9,678 posts, read 9,375,415 times
Miami then several steps down.

Old 05-04-2017, 07:10 AM

37,875 posts, read 41,896,305 times
Of these three, I'd rather live in Orlando, easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye614 View Post
I'd like to try out Tampa. Miami is too frenetic and feels too much like a foreign country overall. Orlando is inland.
Which, I think, is good; you'll have a little more protection in the case of a hurricane, plus the beach is never far away in "inland" Florida. You can be at the beach in an hour or less from many parts of Orlando, plus there are a ton of lakes in the area.

Old 05-04-2017, 12:36 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,954,514 times
Quote:
Where would you live?
1. Miami

2. Tampa

3. Orlando
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City