Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 12:34 AM

10,214 posts, read 15,920,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Ummmm no...and there are plenty of both types of places, as well as places that cater to predominately Hispanic, Middle Eastern, Asian, etc crowds. You must be new to America.
Actually no I am of Asian descent but I grew up very assimilated. Most of the places I go to are admittedly mostly white but usually have some other minorities there and everyone is comfortable. I would not be comfortable in a "ghetto" club or in a Mexican bar where nobody speaks English to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2017, 06:39 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,301,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Actually no I am of Asian descent but I grew up very assimilated. Most of the places I go to are admittedly mostly white but usually have some other minorities there and everyone is comfortable. I would not be comfortable in a "ghetto" club or in a Mexican bar where nobody speaks English to me.
What mutiny said is still correct.

Old 07-29-2017, 02:17 PM

2,655 posts, read 2,097,567 times
@Southern Soul Brother

First, How you doing brother? Interesting thread indeed. Also, LooooooooooooooL at the interaction with that fella about definitions & demographics of this site.

No. Im born & raised in a micropolitan city in Mississippi ( city pop is 24k/ 63% Black). I like the points made at the beginning about the disadvantage small cities have which is honest. Yet it can also varies on nightlife depending on location & events. Due to obvious size, it's going to be a smaller scale generally. You still have clubs/bars gear to grown folks, 25 to 35+ admission.

The diverse crowd usually comes from holidays, family reunions, college sports events, and concerts for those cities that have a Interstate.

Old 10-15-2017, 06:41 AM

93,257 posts, read 123,898,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I think it depends on how much smaller the city/area is and the type of spot you go to. Some may have a mix like this: https://www.facebook.com/ueconcertslive/

Or things like this: https://www.evensi.us/dear-summer-th...unge/216702354

So, it just depends on the event/spot and even these may be viewed in different/various ways.
Here is another event coming up next weekend that has a more mature, laid back atmosphere: https://m.facebook.com/events/285237851995189

So, there may be smaller areas with such events, if you know where to look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City