Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is the best?
Dallas 60 28.44%
Minneapolis 79 37.44%
St. Louis 14 6.64%
Atlanta 58 27.49%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 10:07 PM

3,332 posts, read 3,694,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
I your alterna-C D world maybe. In the real world, it's booming like never before. I would say a hell of a lot of people and companies love the place, you're one of the very bitter people in the minority.
I've said nothing negative about Atlanta on this thread yet you go on the attack.. I'm glad people can see this transaction for themselves. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2017, 10:16 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,928,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebck120 View Post
I've said nothing negative about Atlanta on this thread yet you go on the attack.. I'm glad people can see this transaction for themselves. Thanks.
Attack? LOL! If that's what you think, you are sadly mistaken. I'm challenging you because you are incapable of admitting it when you are clearly wrong.

Claiming what you said was implied doesn't cut it when you have a proven agenda.

Old 09-07-2017, 10:18 PM

3,332 posts, read 3,694,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Attack? LOL! If that's what you think, you are sadly mistaken. I'm challenging you because you are incapable of admitting it when you are clearly wrong.

Claiming what you said was implied doesn't cut it when you have a proven agenda.
Challenging me for what? That's the weird part... what are you challenging? I didnt say anything negative about your paradise. It was in context and I said it's similar to my hometown in that regard. You're not on a crusade here, you're just insecure about Atlanta's shortcomings, that's why you fight tooth and nail with any negative opinion said about it.

Old 09-07-2017, 11:12 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,928,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebck120 View Post
Challenging me for what? That's the weird part... what are you challenging? I didnt say anything negative about your paradise. It was in context and I said it's similar to my hometown in that regard. You're not on a crusade here, you're just insecure about Atlanta's shortcomings, that's why you fight tooth and nail with any negative opinion said about it.
I'm hardly insecure, that seems to be your usual go to when deflecting. I could care less if anyone liked it here or not, it's pretty much as big as I wish it to be and I'm not even from here. But you aren't just anyone, you have a clear, never ending agenda. This is a reflection on you, not me. You will continue to be challenged you when you make false claims about the place.

Old 09-08-2017, 06:26 AM

37,881 posts, read 41,933,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minndavid60 View Post

Then you really don't know much about Minneapolis as the city proper is 40% non white. This percentage is at least comparable if not a bit higher than the overall U.S. average. Some people like to argue about the "diversity" of places like D.C. or Atlanta because they are 60+% black but in my book, that is less diverse because it's simply the opposite of supposed "too white" cities like Seattle or, allegedly, Minneapolis.
I don't think people are looking at the city proper when they talk about diversity in many instances, particularly when it comes to places like Atlanta, DC, and Minneapolis; they tend to look at the metropolitan core (and for Minneapolis, this would include St. Paul). Even so, in DC, a lot of those Blacks consists of a sizable Ethiopian population. I think people forget that there can be diversity within races.

Oh and Atlanta proper is 52% Black and and DC proper is 47% Black, and as two of the most gentrifying cities in the country, that percentage continues to decrease every year.

Old 09-22-2017, 06:49 PM

9,681 posts, read 9,390,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
I don't think people are looking at the city proper when they talk about diversity in many instances, particularly when it comes to places like Atlanta, DC, and Minneapolis; they tend to look at the metropolitan core (and for Minneapolis, this would include St. Paul). Even so, in DC, a lot of those Blacks consists of a sizable Ethiopian population. I think people forget that there can be diversity within races.

Oh and Atlanta proper is 52% Black and and DC proper is 47% Black, and as two of the most gentrifying cities in the country, that percentage continues to decrease every year.
I think it will be interesting how Atlanta and Washington DC handle diversity issues like affordable housing, jobs, and infrastructure. I noticed they have started to advertise Atlanta's beltline in our news media.

Old 09-25-2017, 09:33 AM

4,399 posts, read 4,288,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
I think it will be interesting how Atlanta and Washington DC handle diversity issues like affordable housing, jobs, and infrastructure. I noticed they have started to advertise Atlanta's beltline in our news media.
Will also be interesting to see if gentrification extends into the suburbs and the rest of the metro as a whole.

Old 09-25-2017, 10:07 AM

37,881 posts, read 41,933,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
Will also be interesting to see if gentrification extends into the suburbs and the rest of the metro as a whole.
Already happening, especially in DC.

Old 09-25-2017, 11:09 AM

4,399 posts, read 4,288,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Already happening, especially in DC.
Yeah, interior PG county.

Old 10-20-2017, 08:31 PM

9,681 posts, read 9,390,397 times
Minnesota has secured funding for affordable housing. The article mentions around 1,800 units will be created statewide. That would have been impressive had that number been in Minneapolis or St. Paul proper.

http://finance-commerce.com/2017/10/...sing-projects/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City