Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Toronto V. Baltimore
Toronto 69 72.63%
Baltimore 26 27.37%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2017, 05:07 PM

10,109 posts, read 9,971,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the resident09 View Post
Unfortunately your sentiments are only shared by you and a small minority as mentioned already. If I'm not mistaken you're the one who finds the time to comment in threads about DC relentlessly and seem to skip reality every time. I've given and honest opinion and fact based statement about Baltimore having its advantages being in the same CSA as DC. Per usual you fail to accept that fact and run off on a tangent about "soulless cities" blah blah etc.

There is no where in my posts about "attachment" or making a point of these two cities being one. Now as usual can we get the thread back on topic.
I wish that was the case, but unfortunately my sentiments are shared by many. Also, post the threads that I "relentlessly" talk about DC. Let's see the subject matter; the vast majority is a reply to something you've said regarding Baltimore.

Reality is, as successful and important as DC is, the cities around it don't want to be associated with it. Richmond doesn't want to, Baltimore certainly doesn't. You've noticed that YOU are the person bringing up CSAs, people from Baltimore don't. People who are from DC don't even want to associate with DC anymore.

You bring up Baltimore more than I do. I know DC isn't used to doing anything on it's own, but damn.. get off Baltimore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2017, 07:01 PM

4,675 posts, read 7,405,419 times
What the hell, let's go with Baltimore--I need a good chuckle. But seriously, this thread wasn't set up for two cities on equal footing.

Old 09-17-2017, 08:32 AM

2,272 posts, read 2,221,929 times
Toronto to just about everything other than weather, location, and costs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintainschaos View Post
What the hell, let's go with Baltimore--I need a good chuckle. But seriously, this thread wasn't set up for two cities on equal footing.
Yeah, it's an odd comparison. Whenever I see a thread that was clearly created with some sort of agenda, I get tempted to vote the opposite way.

Old 09-17-2017, 12:13 PM

I'd give Baltimore architecture too. However, I love how Gardiner Expressway sorta snakes through all the new condos that have gone up lately.

Baltimore makes better use of its waterfront (of course) and has more activities on or around the water.

Old 09-17-2017, 01:24 PM

2,272 posts, read 2,221,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
I'd give Baltimore architecture too. However, I love how Gardiner Expressway sorta snakes through all the new condos that have gone up lately.

Baltimore makes better use of its waterfront (of course) and has more activities on or around the water.
Yeah I think you're right. Baltimore did actually seem to have a more developed waterfront to me, just going off the times I've been to each. Toronto seems to have done the opposite of what most cities did, and developed primarily away from the main waterfront, perpendicularly. The only other city I can think of like that is Philly. Baltimore is a lot older than Toronto, which really only starting really growing somewhat recently. I'm sure the Toronto waterfront still has a long way to go in development.

Old 09-17-2017, 03:01 PM

615 posts, read 600,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_One_Guy View Post
Yeah I think you're right. Baltimore did actually seem to have a more developed waterfront to me, just going off the times I've been to each. Toronto seems to have done the opposite of what most cities did, and developed primarily away from the main waterfront, perpendicularly. The only other city I can think of like that is Philly. Baltimore is a lot older than Toronto, which really only starting really growing somewhat recently. I'm sure the Toronto waterfront still has a long way to go in development.
This is because the Gardiner split the rest of the city from the waterfront.

Old 09-17-2017, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Burns View Post
This is because the Gardiner split the rest of the city from the waterfront.
If it's elevated, it should be easier to access the waterfront than, say, Lake Shore Drive in Chicago.

Old 09-17-2017, 05:56 PM

984 posts, read 1,314,827 times
I don't understand why threads like this are started except to troll.

In order to make FAIR comparisons then the cities themselves must be relatively the same {economic, social, political, artistic} league. The Tor/SF thread is a fair one but this isn't.

Old 09-17-2017, 08:29 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minndavid60 View Post
This feels like another one of those set up polls started by an insecure Canadian. Why don't they ever put up Toronto vs. New York? Or Toronto vs. Paris or London?
The OP seems to only post country vs country or city vs city...places all over the world, but, take a slag at Canada.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/searc...rchid=29721094

Old 09-18-2017, 06:07 AM

178 posts, read 146,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Same CSA dude. We all associate Baltimore with DC.
Nah...lol
I dont and many people I know in D.C. dont even think about Baltimore accept maybe a cheaper flight out of BWI.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City