Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city will legalize/fully decriminalize Marijuana first
Atlanta 27 42.19%
Dallas 4 6.25%
Miami 19 29.69%
Other 14 21.88%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 10:09 AM

6,476 posts, read 6,449,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
None all of those cities have too many minorities.....decriminalization and legal are different. Places like Seattle, Denver, and Portland have medicinal and recreational, DC legalized weed but only have medicinal dispensaries.
When I l lived in DC, I'm pretty sure you could purchase marijuana from a dispensary, as long as you had a DC address. VA and MD residents could not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2017, 10:11 AM

4,079 posts, read 10,395,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
When I l lived in DC, I'm pretty sure you could purchase marijuana from a dispensary, as long as you had a DC address. VA and MD residents could not.
So where’s a recreational dispensary in DC?

Old 10-03-2017, 11:38 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,964,197 times
Quote:
They don’t have one, but I believe they have seed banks for home growers.

Old 10-03-2017, 05:01 PM

410 posts, read 634,133 times
In regards to Florida, is it decriminalized in Dade and Broward county? My friend living in the area told me this. But I am skeptical.

Old 10-03-2017, 05:11 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,449,563 times
Quote:
I don't know, I lived on the Virginia side. I just know there are certain websites or companies or something that you can buy MJ from, as long as you have a DC address. And they are very strict about it so VA and MDers don't abuse the system.

Old 10-03-2017, 06:25 PM

2,595 posts, read 4,658,144 times
Default boredatwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
I don't know, I lived on the Virginia side. I just know there are certain websites or companies or something that you can buy MJ from, as long as you have a DC address. And they are very strict about it so VA and MDers don't abuse the system.
DC has pop-ups, just went to one this weekend i dont know about all these online companies and seedbanks and restrictions folks are talking about. All you do is go to a certain venue, lounge, bar, wherever folks are hosting and there's multiple vendors offering you flower, concentrates, edibles, etc. Sometimes im in there for an 1 hour, sometimes 10 minutes. But no card needed just pay your $5-$10 and shop like you would for bread and milk.

Old 10-03-2017, 06:30 PM

23,463 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Atlanta city council voted to dramatically lessen penalties for possession of an ounce or less of marijuana but that's not the same as legalization at all.
But it puts it a helluva lot closer to it than a city that hasn't. That's my point vis a vis this thread.

Old 10-03-2017, 06:47 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,544,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
But it puts it a helluva lot closer to it than a city that hasn't. That's my point vis a vis this thread.
So basically Houston (Harris County) and Atlanta. Surprised Dallas has not as of yet.

Old 10-03-2017, 06:53 PM

205 posts, read 249,973 times
Default Jackson, Mississippi

I am going to go out on a limb and say that Mississippi will be the first state in the South (including Maryland, WV, and Delaware) to fully legalize cannabis, as we are the only state in the Deep South (and only one in the whole South besides North Carolina, Maryland and Delaware, if you exclude Missouri from being Southern) to have legality for both medical purposes as well as decriminalization.

I can imagine it being met with extreme opposition, and it will take years for it to be fully legalized, but I have hope that, after the state flag is changed, the conservative tide that is overpowering the state's legislature would end as new businesses and the employed people they bring begin to appreciate Mississippi for what it is.

Before that, easily before the full state legalization gets passed, I think that with Jackson having its current mayor proclaim that he wants "to make Jackson the most radical city on planet Earth", he may just end up getting pot legalized for Jackson only (in contradiction with state and federal laws) if he doesn't get himself ousted after the first term as mayor.

Old 10-03-2017, 07:11 PM

6,116 posts, read 4,608,458 times
I'm thinking New Orleans, since there are already so many boozers there and it has some of the most lenient alcohol laws in the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City