Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city you prefer San Jose or Boston?
Boston 165 77.46%
San Jose 48 22.54%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 09:26 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,434,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheVVALRUS View Post
I was in the North End on this past Saturday night and the entire neighborhood was literally standing room only. Like so crowded that I didn’t even really enjoy walking around in it like I normally do.

The new public swings they installed on that stretch of the greenway are very nice, though.
Lol he is being pretty selective about what "downtown" is. To be fair I guess, it's a bit weird for non-locals to get oriented in Boston.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2018, 09:38 AM

8,256 posts, read 17,337,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
Lol he is being pretty selective about what "downtown" is. To be fair I guess, it's a bit weird for non-locals to get oriented in Boston.
No, don't be fair with topper. Put him/her in his/her place. No rational person defines "downtown" like topper does.

Old 07-26-2018, 10:02 AM

6,806 posts, read 6,029,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
You’re right. I didn’t actually read through his entire post in detail, but he does specifically state that the north end doesn’t count as downtown.

Like, ok sure: if you go by Post Office Square on any given night, it will probably be pretty desolate. You win.

Old 07-26-2018, 10:02 AM

1,642 posts, read 1,397,813 times
This thread hasn't been touched in 4 months. What made thetopper come in and repeat things he already said 4 months ago?

Old 07-26-2018, 10:10 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,482,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the topper View Post
You don't know what you're talking about.
Yawns. Actually compared to you I know exactly what Im talking about. Youre not from here, youve never been here, your only experience with San Jose or the Bay Area is what you get from google search results.

In short these threads are about envy and insecurity. Basically you hate us cause you aint us.

Old 07-26-2018, 10:27 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,923,136 times
It is what it is. Please read the entire post before making comments, posters.

Old 07-26-2018, 10:27 AM

6,359 posts, read 8,825,324 times
Hands down and with no real competition, the answer is SAN JOSE!!
Do you know the way to....., Baby!!

Boston is toast!!

In fact, San Jose is not only greater than Boston, it is easily four times greater than Boston.

San Jose > Boston, AL

San Jose > Boston, GA

San Jose > Boston, IN

San Jose > Boston, KY

of course, we will have to hold a sad, tragic, funeral Mass for San Jose due to the one Boston that far exceeds it.

Old 07-26-2018, 10:29 AM

1,393 posts, read 859,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the topper View Post
Folks, when I talk about Downtown Boston, it's the Financial District, Downtown Crossing, Faneuil Hall/Quincy, Government Center and parts of leather district. I'm not talking about Copley Sq., Back Bay, Fenway and or North end. There are not downtown, period!!! I'm just talking about the main downtown area of Boston, not neighborhoods adjacent.

Faneuil Hall is one of the most visited tourist attractions in the USA. Faneuil Hall and downtown crossing are dead on the weekends? That’s the most ludicrous conmment I’ve ever heard.

Old 07-26-2018, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne999 View Post
Faneuil Hall is one of the most visited tourist attractions in the USA. Faneuil Hall and downtown crossing are dead on the weekends? That’s the most ludicrous conmment I’ve ever heard.
Please read my entire post before making comments. Did say Faneuil is busy. Downtown Crossing is still dead but better, thanks to Millenium tower and some new businesses. It's improving. Just a few years ago, very dead on weekends. Another Millenium project will also help to some degree. Downtown, as a whole is still a virtual ghost town with few exceptions.

Old 07-26-2018, 10:36 AM

So far to date: Downtown Boston is still pitch dead for the most part. Maybe in 10 years or so, more housing and students will change the picture. It is what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City