Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Sacramento vs. Indianapolis
Sacramento 60 55.05%
Indianapolis 49 44.95%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2017, 04:00 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,590,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erfan916 View Post
There's more sac supporters who are writing on the message board even though the poll is essentially tied. I want to hear from more indy people: Why do you guys think Indy is better? And the people who are arguing for sacramento, have you guys lived in Indy or spent SIGNIFICANT time there recently? (not just a week but months) Those are the opinions I'm looking for.

I'm frequent on both message boards because there's a possibility that I may be moving to Indy in the next 3 years or so. (it's down to Indy, vegas, or phoenix) I currently live in Sacramento and I like it here but it may be time to move on in life. So for those to has spent SIGNIFICANT time in both cities, let me know if I could send you a personal message and pick your brain about your experiences in both cities. (and if I have to deal with racial issues since I am a black man)
If you're from Sacramento and those are your three choices, choose Phoenix
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2017, 01:37 PM

160 posts, read 155,413 times
I am from Indianapolis and looked at moving to Sacramento a couple years ago. Sacramento felt a lot like Indianapolis. I moved to San Diego because I wanted something different. I looked at moving to Phoenix right after college, and thought it felt a lot like Indy too. I am partial to california, but would gravitate to either Sacramento or Indy between the four. Las Vegas and Phoenix halve economies that were severely hit by the recession. Places that are nice to visit don’t always translate well into good places to live.

Old 12-12-2017, 06:39 AM

1,556 posts, read 1,909,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndindy View Post
I am from Indianapolis and looked at moving to Sacramento a couple years ago. Sacramento felt a lot like Indianapolis. I moved to San Diego because I wanted something different. I looked at moving to Phoenix right after college, and thought it felt a lot like Indy too. I am partial to california, but would gravitate to either Sacramento or Indy between the four. Las Vegas and Phoenix halve economies that were severely hit by the recession. Places that are nice to visit don’t always translate well into good places to live.

I'm from Indy and have been to Sacramento a few times. They aren't remotely similar.

Old 01-04-2018, 09:20 PM

9,679 posts, read 9,378,368 times
I would choose Sacramento. Hopefully they get the new soccer team.

Old 01-05-2018, 09:54 AM

7,032 posts, read 14,477,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
I never have heard of anybody from outside of California vacationing in Sacremento.
Many people who choose to relocate to Sacramento do so for the California anemities like decent weather, beaches, mountains, and cultural attractions esp in the nearby Bay Area without paying an arm and leg.

Old 01-05-2018, 10:07 AM

6,885 posts, read 8,263,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarkar View Post
Many people who choose to relocate to Sacramento do so for the California anemities like decent weather, beaches, mountains, and cultural attractions esp in the nearby Bay Area without paying an arm and leg.
Thats true. Added bonus Sacramento has its own cultural attractions and some unique features you can't get in the Bay Area.

Old 01-05-2018, 12:43 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,007,504 times
Sac pretty much feels like Columbus or Indy dropped in the middle of norcal

Old 01-06-2018, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
Have you even been to Columbus or Indy?

Old 01-06-2018, 09:02 AM

I could NOT handle the winters in Indy. (Nor Indy's summers)

Today's Temps - January 6, 2018

Indianapolis - 15F High; 0F Low

Sacramento - 60F High; 40F Low

Last edited by Chimérique; 01-06-2018 at 09:56 AM..

Old 01-06-2018, 09:29 AM

7,032 posts, read 14,477,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
Sacramento feels like one of the few places in the US where you can pretty much pluck someone from anywhere in the country and place them there and they won't suffer from major culture shock. It has elements of both the coast and well as the American heartland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City