Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 04:33 PM

168 posts, read 194,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
You can't go wrong with any of the choices. I would definitely choose Nashville based on the active downtown and singles scene. Nashville has an energy the others lack. All are growing and vibrant with many attractions, and young professionals.

Dallas pros: Very large city but nice people and not intimidating, amenities, churches, diversity, jobs, excellent food and shopping.

Dallas cons: Boring terrain, very hot and humid summers, crime.

Raleigh pros: Economy, growth, education, arts, white collar, low crime.

Raleigh cons: Small downtown, less urban than the other cities, lack of amenities such as pro sports/international flights.

Tampa pros: Weather, amenities, beaches, diversity.

Tampa cons: Hurricanes, can be a culture shock.

Nashville pros: Very friendly, outgoing people, economy, healthcare jobs, attractions, easy place to live, scenery.

Nashville cons: Big city traffic without big city infrastructure, gentrification, crime increase, tornado and flood prone.
Is Nashville really so Dangerous though? Doesn't it have the lowest
Crime Rate of the 4 Cities overall? (Although I would bet/ assume that some parts
of Dallas maybe have less crime?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2018, 06:53 PM

2,452 posts, read 2,300,727 times
Quote:
Dallas cons: Boring terrain, very hot and humid summers, crime.

Tampa pros: Weather, amenities, beaches, diversity.
Incongruity, unless you are referring to Tampa's winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjairo191 View Post
Tampa, based on what you stated. You are from Florida, there is a young population with a big population of elderly in nearby counties. Tampa Bay has rivers, lakes, and an ocean which I think the other cities lack. Never been to Raleigh, but I have been to Dallas and Nashville. I am from Florida so I am being biased. Dallas probably has more jobs and better buck for your money, but the outdoors is lacking.
Nashville is built right on the Cumberland River. Dallas has the Trinity river, although the flow is small at this time.

Old 01-14-2018, 12:16 AM

9,679 posts, read 9,380,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texyn View Post
Incongruity, unless you are referring to Tampa's winter.

Nashville is built right on the Cumberland River. Dallas has the Trinity river, although the flow is small at this time.
Referring to Tampa's winter, correct. Nashville has more attractive scenery than Dallas.

Old 01-14-2018, 09:45 AM

2,452 posts, read 2,300,727 times
Quote:
Referring to Tampa's winter, correct. Nashville has more attractive scenery than Dallas.
I wasn't arguing scenery with you, but just addressing another poster's statement.

Old 01-14-2018, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texyn View Post
I wasn't arguing scenery with you, but just addressing another poster's statement.
Gotcha.

Old 01-16-2018, 10:30 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,150,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosin007 View Post
Is Nashville really so Dangerous though? Doesn't it have the lowest
Crime Rate of the 4 Cities overall? (Although I would bet/ assume that some parts
of Dallas maybe have less crime?)
Historically, I think that one would find that Nashville has a surprisingly high crime rate. Raleigh will likely be the lowest. It's one of the safer cities in the entire country.

Old 01-16-2018, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
Historically, I think that one would find that Nashville has a surprisingly high crime rate. Raleigh will likely be the lowest. It's one of the safer cities in the entire country.
Nashville's crime is limited to the inner city and a few nodes. The suburbs and higher income areas are safe. It is interesting how Raleigh has lower crime than most other cities its size. What do attribute that to?

Old 01-18-2018, 12:36 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,449,291 times
Dallas is just on a different scale of the other cities.....Its the clear answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City