Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2018, 11:14 AM

6,109 posts, read 10,893,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parhe View Post
I'm wondering how many of these people bashing on Plano have even spent at least a weekend there with an open mind.
No one would ever choose to go to Plano for the weekend unless they 1) already live there (or in a nearby even more boring suburb) or 2) are there for business or family event.

That’s not the case for Scottsdale which is in and of itself a destination that folks choose to spend a fun weekend there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2018, 11:48 AM

7,055 posts, read 19,303,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy1953 View Post
I guess that passes for wit in Jersey City.
No attempt at wit there, just saying one can only enjoy so many miles of 6-lane arterials with residential subdivisions and shopping centers at major intersections. Both Scottsdale and Plano have a couple of blocks of "main street" and then lots and lots and lots of that really sprawly stuff.

Old 06-01-2018, 01:31 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,597,616 times
Both are lower middle class, so neither.

Old 06-01-2018, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
Scottsdale aka "Snotsdale" is anything but lower middle class.

Old 06-01-2018, 02:17 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,739,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
????? You know nothing about either is what I can tell from this.

Old 06-01-2018, 02:53 PM

638 posts, read 568,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
No attempt at wit there, just saying one can only enjoy so many miles of 6-lane arterials with residential subdivisions and shopping centers at major intersections. Both Scottsdale and Plano have a couple of blocks of "main street" and then lots and lots and lots of that really sprawly stuff.
Plano is highly regarded in most national publications that study and publish results on U.S. cities. I listed some examples in this thread. What pray tell us is Jersey City ranked in them? Enlighten this poor Texas boy. I have confidence there is much you can teach us with our bad ways.

Old 06-01-2018, 03:41 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,739,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
No one would ever choose to go to Plano for the weekend unless they 1) already live there (or in a nearby even more boring suburb) or 2) are there for business or family event.

That’s not the case for Scottsdale which is in and of itself a destination that folks choose to spend a fun weekend there.
Plano isnt a destination in itself no, but having lived there for about 4 years it offers way more than your average suburb. I loved living there. I wouldnt call it bland either. You have nightlife options, a diverse populace and food offering, and a charming downtown devoid of chain restaurants.

Scottsdale wins in shopping and outdoor activities. Plano wins in food and ethnic diversity.

Old 06-01-2018, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys fan in Houston View Post
Plano isnt a destination in itself no, but having lived there for about 4 years it offers way more than your average suburb. I loved living there. I wouldnt call it bland either. You have nightlife options, a diverse populace and food offering, and a charming downtown devoid of chain restaurants.

Scottsdale wins in shopping and outdoor activities. Plano wins in food and ethnic diversity.
Actually E15th St. (main drag- "old" Plano?) doesn't look half bad, nice urban village-like built environment and angled parking. And they've got Ofo Bike share bikes stacked up on the sidewalk like a good "urban" area so it's got that going for it!

Old 06-01-2018, 08:08 PM

1,982 posts, read 2,089,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post

I don't take the tourism industry into account when considering quality of life. Miami may be one of the largest tourist attractions in the entire nation but I would, personally, not rank it similarly for quality of life.

Old 06-01-2018, 09:57 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,301,517 times
Does Scottsdale have rail access like Plano? I don't think Scottsdale has the highrise developments like Plano has and is getting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City