Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 12:00 AM

9,680 posts, read 9,390,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentIpromise View Post
Not sure where the East Nashville v Hyde Park comparison comes into any type of consideration? Hyde Park has an entire world renowned university within its boundaries...
He wanted to make sure Nashville lost. The premise of this thread is to make St. Louis look good. I am very familiar with Hyde Park, and it wins hands down. Chicago is the outlier here.

Old 11-15-2018, 08:05 AM

124 posts, read 101,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
He wanted to make sure Nashville lost. The premise of this thread is to make St. Louis look good. I am very familiar with Hyde Park, and it wins hands down. Chicago is the outlier here.
Ok. Got it. Thanks Shakeesha. As was noted, I didn't go into a bashing session about East Nashville because I do like the scene. But Hyde Park has a water front, heavy rail and is a very concrete and established neighborhood. However, I still give props to East Nashville for the weight class it's in!

Old 11-15-2018, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentIpromise View Post
Ok. Got it. Thanks Shakeesha. As was noted, I didn't go into a bashing session about East Nashville because I do like the scene. But Hyde Park has a water front, heavy rail and is a very concrete and established neighborhood. However, I still give props to East Nashville for the weight class it's in!
Thanks for the love. It will be a long time before East Nashville resembles anything urban lol. At this point it is very similar to the Virginia Highlands area of Atlanta. The main things missing are retail/grocery stores and light rail. Those will come in time though.

Old 11-15-2018, 05:38 PM

1,773 posts, read 2,674,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
People seem to be having the biggest issue with LFP, not Nashville. "...to make St. Louis look good" ah, I see, he violated the rule around here that you can't let St. Louis look good. With how hard you fight to uphold this rule, and Nashville being thrown in, no wonder this is personal for you.

I think this is actually just continuing to reveal how ignorant people are of St. Louis on here (never short of opinions though). All this talk how unfair it is because LFP (just for example) isn't a neighborhood, uh... the Loop isn't a neighborhood either... It's a street, named for a streetcar turnaround/"loop"...

Old 11-15-2018, 08:05 PM

16,696 posts, read 29,515,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post

Once more:

Inman Park is a neighborhood.
Candler Park is a neighborhood.
Reynoldstown is a neighborhood.
Poncey-Highland is a neighborhood.
Edgewood is a neighborhood.

L5P is a small commercial district at the juncture of the aforementioned neighborhoods.

Little Five Points
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Five_Points

Old 11-15-2018, 08:12 PM

16,696 posts, read 29,515,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post

Once more:

Inman Park is a neighborhood.
Candler Park is a neighborhood.
Reynoldstown is a neighborhood.
Poncey-Highland is a neighborhood.
Edgewood is a neighborhood.

L5P is a small commercial district at the juncture of the aforementioned neighborhoods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post

Little Five Points
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Li...9!4d-84.349604

Old 11-16-2018, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesarstl View Post
People seem to be having the biggest issue with LFP, not Nashville. "...to make St. Louis look good" ah, I see, he violated the rule around here that you can't let St. Louis look good. With how hard you fight to uphold this rule, and Nashville being thrown in, no wonder this is personal for you.

I think this is actually just continuing to reveal how ignorant people are of St. Louis on here (never short of opinions though). All this talk how unfair it is because LFP (just for example) isn't a neighborhood, uh... the Loop isn't a neighborhood either... It's a street, named for a streetcar turnaround/"loop"...
The Loop is actually one of Chicago's designated 77 neighborhoods...sorry bro.

Chicago Neighborhoods - The Chicago 77

Old 11-16-2018, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesarstl View Post
This reaction proves my point.

Quote:
Wrong again. The Loop is a designated neighborhood.

https://www.choosechicago.com/neighb...downtown/loop/

Old 11-16-2018, 01:46 PM

1,773 posts, read 2,674,958 times
Here's the title again just to help you out Shakeesha...

"East Nashville vs Hyde Park (Chicago) vs The Loop (St. Louis) vs Little Five Points (Atlanta) (compared, place)"

You get it yet? Comparing East Nashville (which is in Nashville...) to Hyde Park (the one in Chicago) to the Loop (THE ONE IN ST LOUIS....) to Little Five Points (in Atlanta), phew, tough stuff...

And the OP:

"If you had a weekend to spend in either one of these neighborhoods what would you choose and what would you do while there?"

So I'm curious, when you said this yesterday in post 21:

"He wanted to make sure Nashville lost. The premise of this thread is to make St. Louis look good. I am very familiar with Hyde Park, and it wins hands down. Chicago is the outlier here."

What "neighborhood" in St. Louis were you even comparing since you didn't even get he was talking about the loop in St. Louis? What was just to make St. Louis look good?

Old 11-17-2018, 05:57 AM

Well I'm assuming if no one assesses 'The Loop' with St Louis, even when you clearly denote it, that shows its' relevancy... sorry but St Louis doesn't hold weight in many competitions...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City