Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: More active core
DC 45 46.39%
Bos 44 45.36%
equal 8 8.25%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2018, 11:21 AM

13,727 posts, read 15,748,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne999 View Post
No offense but there’s no room for massive development in the south end...and no offense if icould afford it I’d live in the south end over any of those new landscapers you’re posting ...it’s alreadu a great urban neighborhood..the massive development is seaport, northpoint, Kendall, Suffolk downs, assembly row, downDorchester ave, and eventually wideltt circle
Are people supposed to care where you would rather live? There are over 100,000 people moving into DC every 8 years now that disagree with you. That’s why you live in Boston and they live here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2018, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
They built three whole neighborhood over the last 5-6 years Northpoint, Assembly, Seaport.

DC has gained 92,000 people since 2010, Boston/Cambridge/Somerville/Chelsea has gained 87,000. DC isn't in some other stratosphere of growth.
I like what you did there. DC has gained that in a much smaller area than 60 sq. miles. Wayyyyy smaller. Try 15 sq. miles for the most part.

Old 08-25-2018, 11:26 AM

14,020 posts, read 15,008,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
I like what you did there. DC has gained that in a much smaller area than 60 sq. miles. Wayyyyy smaller. Try 15 sq. miles for the most part.
Would you like to back that up with any sort of proof?

And yes there are parts of Boston, Mattapan, Hydepark, Upper Roxbury that arent really growing either. Every city has its hot an cool neighborhoods.

The fact is D.C. Isn't really growing that much faster than Boston.

Old 08-25-2018, 11:43 AM

Quote:
This is infill. show me Some infill you’re doing that looks like this..
https://www.hyminvestments.com/bulfinchcrossing/
Lol...you’re kidding right? Have you ever been to DC before? We consider the stuff you posted infill.

I would never post projects like this in DC:

http://www.armatureworksdc.com

I’m only going to post a development that is a bare minimum 2 million square feet. Something like this at over 3 million square feet:

Burnham Place at Union Station

As you can see, we have a whole lot of these all over the city.

Old 08-25-2018, 11:47 AM

1,393 posts, read 859,409 times
Quote:
Lol...you’re kidding right? Have you ever been to DC before? We consider the stuff you posted infill.

I would never post projects like this in DC:

http://www.armatureworksdc.com

I’m only going to post a development that is a bare minimum 2 million square feet. Something like this at over 3 million square feet:

Burnham Place at Union Station

As you can see, we have a whole lot of these all over the city.
You’re missing the point...it’s the beauty of the project because of the height..most of what you’re sending me is ugly

Old 08-25-2018, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
Would you like to back that up with any sort of proof?

And yes there are parts of Boston, Mattapan, Hydepark, Upper Roxbury that arent really growing either. Every city has its hot an cool neighborhoods.

The fact is D.C. Isn't really growing that much faster than Boston.
Sure, our development of new units is pretty much happpening in three sub markets.

1. Navy Yard/Capital Riverfront/Wharf

2. NOMA/Union Market/Mt. Vernon Square

3. Logan Circle/Mid City/Shaw

As they say, if you build it they will come. That goes for any city in the world. It’s not like household sizes are rising. You need new construction to add net growth versus natural growth.

Old 08-25-2018, 11:52 AM

14,020 posts, read 15,008,176 times
Quote:
Sure, our development of new units is pretty much happpening in three sub markets.

1. Navy Yard/Capital Riverfront/Wharf

2. NOMA/Union Market/Mt. Vernon Square

3. Logan Circle/Mid City/Shaw

As they say, if you build it they will come. That goes for any city in the world. It’s not like household sizes are rising. You need new construction to add net growth versus natural growth.
I mean like actual statistics.

Like there are neighborhoods in Boston where 1 unit Brownstones are belong split into 6 units so the population is going up withou much visible change. So Cranes in the air can be deceiving,

Old 08-25-2018, 11:56 AM

1,393 posts, read 859,409 times
And respond to my earlier post..comparing Mission Hill to Edgewood ...I also think the extent of what you call urban core is bogus..McDonald’s and shopping plazas with parking lots?? I’d happily end this discussion saying dc is building more square footage..the urban core is larger but not significantly and Boston has areas of higher intensity continuous vibrancy in its inner core whereas dc has plenty of vibrancy but not always continuous for miles in its inner core..based on my experience
You would like to live in a world where dc core is not only larger but like triple the size..like your comparing nyc to Boston or something..

Old 08-25-2018, 11:58 AM

Quote:
You’re missing the point...it’s the beauty of the project because of the height..most of what you’re sending me is ugly
Wait...are we talking about architecture? I must be in the wrong thread. Architecture is as subjective as it gets. It’s like genres of music. Everyone likes different things. This thread is not about architecture. It’s about vibrancy and I’m posting development that will increase vibrancy over a larger area.

Old 08-25-2018, 11:59 AM

Quote:
And respond to my earlier post..comparing Mission Hill to Edgewood ...I also think the extent of what you call urban core is bogus..McDonald’s and shopping plazas with parking lots?? I’d happily end this discussion saying dc is building more square footage..the urban core is larger but not significantly and Boston has areas of higher intensity continuous vibrancy in its inner core whereas dc has plenty of vibrancy but not always continuous for miles in its inner core..based on my experience
You would like to live in a world where dc core is not only larger but like triple the size..like your comparing nyc to Boston or something..
You mean Eckington right? That’s the divide between the two neighborhoods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City