Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Texas or Piedmont?
Texas Hill Country 12 20.69%
Piedmont Atlantic 46 79.31%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 08:38 AM

23,447 posts, read 44,050,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieSkoon View Post
Cincy and Louisville aren't actually too different from each other, other than that Cincy is much larger.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not calling Cincy southern or claiming that Nashville is a direct clone of either it or Louisville, but the Ohio river valley is overall closer to north-central TN in look and feel than Atlanta/north Georgia is. That's all I mean, really.
There is definitely a common vibe between those cities, and I agree that Cincinnati shares a lot of traits with Upper South cities.
One thing that Piedmont cities share is the lack of navigable rivers due to the topography of the region. It's not the case with Cincinnati, Louisville or even Nashville.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2018, 08:51 AM

16,069 posts, read 10,726,642 times
I'm not excited about either option but I'd choose the Piedmont region if I had to. I was not impressed with the Hill Country as it seemed like a dry/hot version of the scrubby Ozarks (something I'm familiar with). I had reletives living in Roanoke (VA) along the Blue Ridge so I got to see some of the Piedmont region at times and it seemed better, as I recall. It depends on what you want to do or how you live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City