Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2018, 10:29 AM

124 posts, read 146,327 times

Advertisements

I'm curious to know what your favorite 5 cities in the U.S. are (with a population of 50,000 or more)?
Why are these your favorite cities?

Here are mine:

1. Seattle-Bellevue, Washington.
Love the mild climate, beautiful mountain views, access to water for boating, and just an all around beautiful environment. Awesome food and restaurant scene. The cities & towns in the surrounding area are fantastic as well.

2. Flagstaff, Arizona.
A great small city with lots of outdoor acitivies, wonderful climate, and large expanses of magnificent pine forests. Snow melts fairly quickly during winter, but great access to mountains for skiing.

3. Boulder, Colorado.
Excellent city and very clean, pristine. Easy access to nature & mountains and nearby Denver. Great restaurants and people.

4. Pittsburgh, Pennslyvania.
This is an underrated city. Great downtown area, wonderful views of the city from surrounding hills across the river. There are some beautiful neighborhoods around this city with older tudor style architecture. The people are very down to Earth and welcoming. The only downside are the often dreary, cold winters.

5. San Rafael, California.
Probably the best climate of any city on this list. Beautiful spanish style architecture, a very laid back atmosphere, and great restaurants. The city has excellent access to San Francisco and East bay areas over the bridges. The nearby Mill Valley and Mt. Tamalpais are absolutely beautiful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2018, 10:57 AM

4,675 posts, read 7,414,300 times
Chicago
Boston
Madison
Portland
Milwaukee

Old 09-02-2018, 04:09 PM

2,868 posts, read 2,826,948 times
Here's my Top 10:

Alexandria
Baltimore
Chicago
Clearwater
Los Angeles
New York
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
San Diego
Washington

Old 09-02-2018, 04:46 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,978,604 times
I don't do anything based off of city-proper alone. So I'll just go with entire metropolitan areas.

01. Miami/Fort Lauderdale metropolitan area

02. Honolulu metropolitan area

03. New York metropolitan area

04. San Diego metropolitan area

05. Seattle metropolitan area

I'll also skip on doing just 5 since I can't yet separate #4 to #9 with any sort of ease, and I'll also opt to do 10 along with a special mention set of 5 as well, taking the lead of the previous poster before me in some ways.

06. Tucson metropolitan area

07. Austin metropolitan area

08. Portland metropolitan area

09. Denver metropolitan area

10. New Orleans metropolitan area

The Salt Lake City metropolitan area, the San Antonio metropolitan area, the Tampa Bay Area, the Minneapolis/Saint Paul metropolitan area, and the Albuquerque and El Paso metropolitan areas get next on my list.

Last edited by Trafalgar Law; 09-02-2018 at 04:55 PM..

Old 09-02-2018, 07:32 PM

2,306 posts, read 1,718,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facts Kill Rhetoric View Post
I don't do anything based off of city-proper alone. So I'll just go with entire metropolitan areas.

01. Miami/Fort Lauderdale metropolitan area

02. Honolulu metropolitan area

03. New York metropolitan area

04. San Diego metropolitan area

05. Seattle metropolitan area

I'll also skip on doing just 5 since I can't yet separate #4 to #9 with any sort of ease, and I'll also opt to do 10 along with a special mention set of 5 as well, taking the lead of the previous poster before me in some ways.

06. Tucson metropolitan area

07. Austin metropolitan area

08. Portland metropolitan area

09. Denver metropolitan area

10. New Orleans metropolitan area

The Salt Lake City metropolitan area, the San Antonio metropolitan area, the Tampa Bay Area, the Minneapolis/Saint Paul metropolitan area, and the Albuquerque and El Paso metropolitan areas get next on my list.
Just curious - are you the poster who used to go by DANNNYY?

Old 09-03-2018, 04:37 AM

3,877 posts, read 3,901,881 times
I like:

Chicago
Los Angeles
Seattle
San Francisco
Miami

Old 09-03-2018, 07:00 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,983,971 times
Chicago
Baltimore
St. Louis
Philadelphia
Providence

There are actually many more.

Old 09-03-2018, 07:10 AM

1,803 posts, read 2,232,097 times
Detroit
Chicago
NYC
Philadelphia
Miami

Old 09-03-2018, 07:15 AM

4,675 posts, read 7,414,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Chicago
Baltimore
St. Louis
Philadelphia
Providence

There are actually many more.
It’s true—it’s hard to pick just 5!

Old 09-03-2018, 07:16 AM

3,217 posts, read 2,363,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo_Butterfly View Post
I'm curious to know what your favorite 5 cities in the U.S. are (with a population of 50,000 or more)?
Why are these your favorite cities?

Here are mine:

1. Seattle-Bellevue, Washington.
Love the mild climate, beautiful mountain views, access to water for boating, and just an all around beautiful environment. Awesome food and restaurant scene. The cities & towns in the surrounding area are fantastic as well.

2. Flagstaff, Arizona.
A great small city with lots of outdoor acitivies, wonderful climate, and large expanses of magnificent pine forests. Snow melts fairly quickly during winter, but great access to mountains for skiing.

3. Boulder, Colorado.
Excellent city and very clean, pristine. Easy access to nature & mountains and nearby Denver. Great restaurants and people.

4. Pittsburgh, Pennslyvania.
This is an underrated city. Great downtown area, wonderful views of the city from surrounding hills across the river. There are some beautiful neighborhoods around this city with older tudor style architecture. The people are very down to Earth and welcoming. The only downside are the often dreary, cold winters.

5. San Rafael, California.
Probably the best climate of any city on this list. Beautiful spanish style architecture, a very laid back atmosphere, and great restaurants. The city has excellent access to San Francisco and East bay areas over the bridges. The nearby Mill Valley and Mt. Tamalpais are absolutely beautiful.

Nice choices but lets be honest Seattle weather is NOT that great! Rain/gray skies are its calling card and can't be underestimated. Seafood is great but its variety of food, its ok.

San Rafael is basically San Francisco.

/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City