Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2018, 04:10 PM

923 posts, read 664,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
What are these life-changing experiences that Black people as a whole are missing out on in Nashville? If you love Nashville, fine, but miss me with the condescending lecture about what "our problem" is and what's "hindering us" and how we're so "close-minded." Like wtf????? This is nothing more than internalized racism on display that COMPLETELY ignores our particular history in this country. Have ALL the seats in Mercedes-Benz Stadium dude.

Old 10-28-2018, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Oh no, I understood your point completely and it's terribly inaccurate. Over the past decade or two, Black people have been increasingly moving to metros like Charlotte, Raleigh/Durham, DFW, Houston, etc--metros other than Atlanta without nearly as much "hype" that aren't as Black. You're just upset that your pet city isn't on that list and now you call yourself lecturing Black people and telling us what's "wrong" with us. If you're the type of Black person Nashville attracts, no wonder it's not a popular relocation destination among the Black masses. And a lot of us aren't clamoring for acceptance by the 'mainstream' population (e.g., integration). Just go ahead and move to Nashville already if White validation is that important to you but save the condescending diatribes. Out here sounding like Kanye West...foh.
OMG ,You went in.HARD lol But you are so right.One hundred percent.I have been round and round with him about this,He never misses a point to uplift Nashville and tear down Atlanta.Its the oddest thing,
He insist that Nashville is least racist and more diverse than Atlanta.
No one ever said Nashville was racist or not somewhat diverse but he makes it seem as Atlanta is worse which is so ridiculous.
More ike Uncle Rukus.

Old 10-28-2018, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oobanks View Post
Ur still throwing personal shade..I'm a black Republican now and now I'm bashing my black people,,, wow.. I still respect u my brother regardless of how u may feel about my opinion.. as some have said it shouldnt have turned this direction.. I'm not going to go back and forth with trying to translate what I said or re explain anything because I encourage my black sister's and brothers to explore all possibilities for us even if its Atlanta, it doesn't have to be just Atlanta when we think of blackness because we are every where.. I come In peace my brother and if that's how u feel i respect that too.. I will be the better person; take care my man
Dont play the vivtim.I aint buying it.How many times prior to this thread have you told me to get off the plantation mentality just because I prefer Atlanta and said it had more to offer for African Americans even though I never said Nashville did not?
Nashville isint even half the size of Atlanta so why would it offer more for ANY group?It not even in the top 25 most diverse major cities yet you tried to make it out like it was more than Atlanta.You argued with me up and down saying Atlanta no different races hung out together yet in Nashville is all kum-by-yah.
You just over the board and you have been totally condecending everytime towards black people like me who prefer Atlanta.

Its NOT just Atlanta but Atlnat has more of whta blacks are attracyed to but you wish to ignore that.
Where else in America do you have as many concentration of higher education?Or black businesses per capita
Quote:
Among cities, New York City had the most black-owned businesses, with 250,890 (9.7 percent of all the nation’s black-owned businesses), followed by Atlanta. Among the nation’s 50 most populous cities, black or African American-owned firms as a percentage of all firms was highest in Detroit and Memphis, Tenn., in 2012 (77.0 percent and 56.2 percent, respectively).

Among counties, Cook, Ill. (Chicago), had the most black-owned businesses, with 110,155, accounting for 4.3 percent of all the nation’s black-owned businesses

Quote:
Atlanta and Washington are followed in our ranking by Austin, Texas, Baltimore and Raleigh, N.C., with the rest of the top 20 rounded out exclusively by Southern cities, except for Boston in 19th place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City