Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best Nightlife?
Nashville 26 37.68%
San Diego 25 36.23%
Dallas 18 26.09%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2018, 07:23 AM

10,085 posts, read 14,474,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_Adultman View Post
I'm not sure I'd say Nashville is the "in city" of the moment, at least not on a national scale. I live on the West Coast and when I told people I was going to Nashville for a vacation they generally seemed surprised. On this side of the country I think many people still associate Nashville with country music and that's about it. I had to explain that it's a growing, thriving city that offers great nightlife, food, and other attractions. It seems that in the Northeast, Midwest, and obviously throughout the South people are a lot more well informed about what's happening in Nashville and it's on a lot more people's radars as a destination. On the West Coast not so much.
Well, sounds like the people you spoke to, they just weren't "in the know," and haven't been keeping up the past several years.

I visited LA last fall and I was laughing with my good friend out there because we had 3 back to back, out of the blue Nashville conversations with separate groups of friends/random people at parties and dinners. ALL of the 3 couples we spoke to had known someone that moved to Nashville, was vacationing there, or bachelorette partying there. There seems to be a lot of synergy between the LA creative/acting/musician crowd and the Nashville creative/acting/musician crowd. Also, those in the music/film/tv and digital creative fields in NYC and Atlanta discuss Nashville often.

It's definitely a city that has a hot "in" buzz about it.
If you aren't aware of that, you probably haven't been keeping up with the news. Or you're hanging with people who haven't been reading the latest news about business development, entertainment, sports, or the cities that are attracting all of these in droves--one that is consistently topping the list as we approach 2019, is Nashville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2018, 08:05 AM

126 posts, read 143,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter1948 View Post
So to a casual observer, especially a group of guys, they may be impressed with al the beautiful southern blondes trolling about on bachelorette parties in dt Nashville but get outside that area and Nashville is very much no different than any other mid sized city.

Many of those women are from the Midwest, Northeast, and West. You stand corrected.

Nashville isn't just like any other city. Unless those cities have 40 to 60 or more ten+ story buildings under construction or in the preparation process.

Last edited by QuinnMill; 12-14-2018 at 08:21 AM..

Old 12-14-2018, 08:09 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,983,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuinnMill View Post
Many of those women are from the Midwest, Northeast, and West. You stand corrected.

Nashville isn't just like any other city. Unless those cities have 40 to 60+ buildings under construction or in the preparation process.
Nashville does have attractive men and women.

Old 12-14-2018, 08:52 AM

23,483 posts, read 44,134,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
I'll third that!

Old 12-14-2018, 01:02 PM

333 posts, read 240,738 times
I can't really speak to San Diego. Dallas has more overall, but they tend to be more spread out.

Nashville's nightlife is more concentrated in downtown, midtown, and the gulch. Deep Ellum in Dallas is great and reminds me alot of the gulch.

It's tough to beat the insanity of broadway in Nashville, though. Even though I rarely went when I lived there. I'd probably give it the nod in this.

Where would I rather live and hang out with friends? San Diego and Dallas. Where would I rather spend a weekend of hedonistic partying? Nashville for sure.

Old 12-14-2018, 01:04 PM

333 posts, read 240,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
I'll third that!
As a former Nashvillian, I am flattered.

Old 12-14-2018, 01:41 PM

2,427 posts, read 2,481,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post

This is very true!!!

Old 12-14-2018, 07:12 PM

9,688 posts, read 9,420,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconographer View Post
i'll third that!
100%

Old 12-14-2018, 07:43 PM

23,483 posts, read 44,134,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
100%
Shak, I remember barhopping in Nashville with a couple of girlfriends years ago. The men we encountered were gorgeous; our heads were on a swivel! Go figure, but Nashville does seem to have an extraordinary number of good-looking people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City