Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2018, 01:52 PM

3,559 posts, read 2,406,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the topper View Post
NY, LA and SF suck for late night energy and close down by 11PM. Cities with best best energy: Vegas, Miami and New Orleans
I’m pretty sure you’re speaking about Buffalo, NY which is 6-7 hours away from New York City. If not then you clearly have never been to NYC. Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2018, 01:57 PM

3,559 posts, read 2,406,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSoup View Post
Are you seriously trying to compare flat walkable cities with those that have mountains and canyons throughout for hiking?
You can live in NYC and go hiking pretty easily.

https://fitt.co/new-york-city/hiking-trails-near-nyc/

Hiking plans are never an issue here for hikers.

But you will have travel outside the city limits.

Old 12-31-2018, 01:57 PM

2,272 posts, read 2,225,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
Drugs in NYC are so expensive and low-mid grade.

No one does drugs like the west coast.

All the dope is from Mexico, not cut or stepped on in Dallas or Nashville. The majority of weed is grown on the west coast, and we have rhe largest concentration of hippies still making LSD. Not that fake wanna be 2ci East Coast people bug out on.
I think Drug culture is different on the East coast vs West coast. West coast is more into weed and psychedelics and east coast is more into uppers and stimulants to keep the party going all night (literally). NYC and Miami especially.

Outside of Vegas (if that counts as West coast) I never felt like that kind of stuff was as big out west.

Old 12-31-2018, 03:22 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,015,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_One_Guy View Post
I think Drug culture is different on the East coast vs West coast. West coast is more into weed and psychedelics and east coast is more into uppers and stimulants to keep the party going all night (literally). NYC and Miami especially.

Outside of Vegas (if that counts as West coast) I never felt like that kind of stuff was as big out west.
Spoken like someone who has not spent a lot of time in Hollywood.

Old 12-31-2018, 03:42 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,361,603 times
Quote:
Hollywood loves its uppers, and so does WeHo. But they party a lot. I never understood why so many more people in SF did uppers when there is basically no club scene compared to other major cities. It has nightlife, but it's not as big or good as other major cities it competes with, yet everyone does uppers there, way more than in LA.

Old 12-31-2018, 04:14 PM

Quote:
I’m speaking more on a larger scale, but I have been to Hollywood. You should check out Miami one day.

Also did not know that about SF!

Old 12-31-2018, 04:32 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,361,603 times
Quote:
I’m speaking more on a larger scale, but I have been to Hollywood. You should check out Miami one day.

Also did not know that about SF!
After living in LA, SF and NYC, just in my observations, not as a fact, SF did the most uppers. Whether by amount of people I knew that did them or by the quantity or regularity that people did them. In every category, SF did the most in my experiences. Not a single of my LA friends does, yet we all party harder than the SF crowd. The only time you ever see them used is in Hermosa Beach, WeHo or Hollywood. NYC does more than LA, but they're often limited to the gay community and rich finance bros. For the rest of the population it's far less common in my experiences. But the amount consumed by the gays and finance bros either matches or exceeds the consumption I witnessed in SF. SF is just more widespread.

As for LA, the crowd that "drinks a lot of COCA cola" is part of the industry often, and/or often with transplants trying to keep up with the scene. My friends and I are from there. We have nobody to impress or fit in with, but we party hard...just not as hard as me and NYC friends. So idk if it's a factor of "fitting in" with the cool kids and the industry in LA? And maybe that's why a lot of finance does it in NYC to fit in with the industry here? Idk.

Old 12-31-2018, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
After living in LA, SF and NYC, just in my observations, not as a fact, SF did the most uppers. Whether by amount of people I knew that did them or by the quantity or regularity that people did them. In every category, SF did the most in my experiences. Not a single of my LA friends does, yet we all party harder than the SF crowd. The only time you ever see them used is in Hermosa Beach, WeHo or Hollywood. NYC does more than LA, but they're often limited to the gay community and rich finance bros. For the rest of the population it's far less common in my experiences. But the amount consumed by the gays and finance bros either matches or exceeds the consumption I witnessed in SF. SF is just more widespread.

As for LA, the crowd that "drinks a lot of COCA cola" is part of the industry often, and/or often with transplants trying to keep up with the scene. My friends and I are from there. We have nobody to impress or fit in with, but we party hard...just not as hard as me and NYC friends. So idk if it's a factor of "fitting in" with the cool kids and the industry in LA? And maybe that's why a lot of finance does it in NYC to fit in with the industry here? Idk.
Add hipsters to NYC lol. And the general younger Downtown Manhattan and Brooklyn crowd, especially Northern BK. Never seen people so casual about it (in public) in my life since I’ve lived in BK North (outside of Miami, that’s #1).

Last edited by That_One_Guy; 12-31-2018 at 04:52 PM..

Old 12-31-2018, 07:26 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,608,467 times
Quote:
Add hipsters to NYC lol. And the general younger Downtown Manhattan and Brooklyn crowd, especially Northern BK. Never seen people so casual about it (in public) in my life since I’ve lived in BK North (outside of Miami, that’s #1).
This lol. It's quite socially acceptable.

Old 12-31-2018, 07:27 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,608,467 times
Quote:

Weed is extremely popular in New York too as I'm sure you know. I think the days of quality disparity between the coasts are gone as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City