Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is better?
Columbia SC 73 73.00%
Augusta GA 27 27.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2021, 11:51 AM

37,897 posts, read 42,015,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
I’d love to see the infill come into fruition. If the area around USC develops more it will definitely become more of a powerhouse. Greenville is an example of a SC downtown I absolutely love and was blown away by.
Where exactly are referring to when you say "the area around USC"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2021, 05:20 PM

4,209 posts, read 4,751,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Assembly St south of campus (and portions north of it too), Blossom west of campus(these surface lot areas across from the greek houses), Gervias east of Assembly (the office building area with blank walls and surface lots/low dense developments at sections). Five Points and the areas around the state capitol are fine but the main corridors bother me. I'd like to see more street activation than blank walls in these areas (plus development basically ends south of campus). These critiques aren't specific to Columbia but are part of the reason why I'm burnt out on many southern cities. I know everywhere can't be a Charleston, Savannah, or New Orleans but I still complain about this stuff because it genuinely bothers me.

Old 05-12-2021, 08:49 PM

1,124 posts, read 928,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
Assembly St south of campus (and portions north of it too), Blossom west of campus(these surface lot areas across from the greek houses), Gervias east of Assembly (the office building area with blank walls and surface lots/low dense developments at sections). Five Points and the areas around the state capitol are fine but the main corridors bother me. I'd like to see more street activation than blank walls in these areas (plus development basically ends south of campus). These critiques aren't specific to Columbia but are part of the reason why I'm burnt out on many southern cities. I know everywhere can't be a Charleston, Savannah, or New Orleans but I still complain about this stuff because it genuinely bothers me.
Well the surface lots are for the arena. But even with them there isn’t enough parking, I wouldn’t mind getting rid of one and turning the one closest to the arena into a 4 or 5 story tall huge parking garage instead. But they (state lawmakers) don’t wanna fix the buildings they have, what would make them want to spend money on a 30-40M+ parking garage?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City