Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2019, 10:54 AM

16,736 posts, read 29,655,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Nah Charleston is the best but she's getting overcrowded.

Check out Hampton Roads. Lots to offer among the seven cities in the region...underrated area.
Hampton Roads is an underrated metro area. Kinda cool how it is set up too—all the different parts and the water.

But Savannah is still the best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2019, 10:59 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,494,005 times
Hampton Roads has more than one downtown to choose from. Portsmouth, Virginia Beach, and Norfolk are the most visible. Newport News has one hell of an infrastructure if they were to ever take full advantage of it. Hampton is quaint. Hampton is like one of those fun downtowns you find out in the suburbs.

OP isn't Jacksonville the largest of the cities on your list? Jacksonville Landing is like our Waterside District. I guess that is going away. Ours closed and reopened like ten years later. Doubt it is going away anytime soon. So there's that, if it means anything.

Old 06-02-2019, 11:17 AM

Quote:

Check out Hampton Roads. Lots to offer among the seven cities in the region...underrated area.
I like Hampton Roads. When you say the seven cities you mean...

Norfolk
Virginia Beach
Newport News
Portsmouth
Suffolk
Williamsburg
Hampton

...is this correct?

Old 06-02-2019, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post

Norfolk
Virginia Beach
Newport News
Portsmouth
Suffolk
Williamsburg
Hampton

...is this correct?

Or do you include Chesapeake?

Old 06-02-2019, 11:20 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Hampton Roads is an underrated metro area. Kinda cool how it is set up too—all the different parts and the water.

But Savannah is still the best.
Quote:

Norfolk
Virginia Beach
Newport News
Portsmouth
Suffolk
Williamsburg
Hampton

...is this correct?
Quote:
Or do you include Chesapeake?

Hampton Roads
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hampton_Roads#Definitions

Old 06-02-2019, 11:22 AM

Funny. Yes we include Chesapeake. We include all of the cities in the region which are determined to be independent cities in Southeastern Virginia. City boundaries are conterminous with the county boundaries.

People say seven cities but there are actually nine cities. Poquoson is a city. There are also five counties included in that equation. And two counties on the North Carolina side, depending on who you ask. I will say from experience those North Carolina counties are definitely part of the CSA because I've worked next to people from there. Every now and again you'll encounter someone that still lives down here working up here. It is closer than Raleigh/Durham and Charlotte.

Old 06-02-2019, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy328 View Post
Funny. Yes we include Chesapeake. We include all of the cities in the region which are determined to be independent cities in Southeastern Virginia. City boundaries are conterminous with the county boundaries.
I am asking because Mutiny said "seven cities."

If you include Williamsburg, Poquoson, and Chesapeake--that makes nine cities.

I am just curious to the seven that Mutiny was referring to.

Old 06-02-2019, 11:26 AM

Quote:
People say seven cities but there are actually nine cities. Poquoson is a city. There are also five counties included in that equation. And two counties on the North Carolina side, depending on who you ask. I will say from experience those North Carolina counties are definitely part of the CSA because I've worked next to people from there.
You edited after I posted above.

Wow--just like they do in Westeros!

Old 06-02-2019, 11:29 AM

Quote:
I am asking because Mutiny said "seven cities."

If you include Williamsburg, Poquoson, and Chesapeake--that makes nine cities.

I am just curious to the seven that Mutiny was referring to.
Oh you mean him personally? Well he is the only one that can answer that question, lol.

Old 06-02-2019, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Oh you mean him personally? Well he is the only one that can answer that question, lol.
Yes, to Mutiny.

But you also kinda explained it...people just say the "seven cities" when actually there are nine.

Was there an original "seven cities?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City