Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 10:18 PM

10,106 posts, read 9,961,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
True story.

Scottsdale alone has more than 70 hotels and resorts (over 15,000 hotel rooms). In 2016, Scottsdale had the highest number of destination spas per capita than another other U.S. city. Also, Scottsdale was fourth (tied with Atlanta), after New York, Las Vegas, and Chicago as far as having the most AAA-5 Diamond hotels and resorts in the U.S.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottsdale,_Arizona
I enjoyed staying at the Scottsdale Plaza Resort last month. It's really laid back out there in Phoenix/Scottsdale
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2019, 10:39 PM

8,613 posts, read 10,143,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
I enjoyed staying at the Scottsdale Plaza Resort last month. It's really laid back out there in Phoenix/Scottsdale
It was a much more pleasant May temperature-wise this year.

Old 06-12-2019, 10:50 PM

561 posts, read 514,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifat View Post
I may be biased, but Minneapolis. Most Americans either know little (or nothing) about the city, or simply write it off as an undesirable place due to the winters.

A lot of people seem to not realize that it's a very modern, progressive, generally upscale city.
Actually, replace Minneapolis with Omaha.. and for City-Data, your comment would be completely accurate..

Peace...

Old 06-13-2019, 12:23 AM

2,304 posts, read 1,711,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCrest182 View Post
Agreed, Minneapolis is seen as desirable to most people on this site. I also don't understand why so many popular sunbelt cities like Phoenix, Houston, and Charlotte are popping up so much here. Tons of people love all of these places, hence their rapid population growth. It seems many people here aren't even reading the entirety of OP's post/question.
Tons of people are moving to those sunbelt cities because they’re cheap, warm and have a lot of housing. That doesn’t necessarily mean they love the place. In other words, I see little correlation between population growth in massive sprawl cities and people actually loving those cities. I see it as a functional thing. There’s a much stronger correlation between high cost places and cities people love. Manhattan, San Francisco, Boston, San Diego - the reason these places are expensive is that people want to live there.

Old 06-13-2019, 01:35 AM

9,818 posts, read 7,926,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRedTide View Post
Lol Notice Everything you all said is Not in Phoenix itself
,Yea Scottsdale may be very popular Especially for Californians and Nevadans . It's Nice you grew up In that Area and your Family enjoyed great vacations there but i can tell you my friend Nobody East of the Mississippi Looks to *Phoenix as a must do desirable vacation, Everybody I Know who goes that far West skip Phoenix altogether and go to Vegas if not California
You clearly have no clue of what you are talking about here. Phoenix hosts more high end visitors than your city could ever dream of.

Old 06-13-2019, 05:19 AM

23,460 posts, read 44,068,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
You clearly have no clue of what you are talking about here. Phoenix hosts more high end visitors than your city could ever dream of.
I LOL'd when I read that ignorant statement as well. The Phoenix metro is crazy full of world-class resort hotels.

Four Seasons Scottsdale
Arizona Biltmore
Royal Palms
Arizona Grand
Sanctuary Camelback
The Phoenician
Fairmount Scottsdale Princess
Boulders Resort
Marriott Camelback Inn
Hyatt Regency Scottsdale
Westin Kierland
McCormick Ranch
Desert Ranch

https://travel.usnews.com/Hotels/Bes...in-Phoenix_AZ/

Old 06-13-2019, 05:57 AM

1,732 posts, read 1,891,771 times
Look I Mis,spoke Ok, Got a little carried away, Metro Phoenix/ Scottsdale is a very Desirable Vacation Spot. Alright

Last edited by BlueRedTide; 06-13-2019 at 06:08 AM..

Old 06-13-2019, 06:06 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
Tacoma Wa.

Old 06-13-2019, 10:15 AM

765 posts, read 898,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Tacoma Wa.
I second this. The general perception is that it's dirty and ghetto. Although it's not perfect, it's come a long way since the 80's-90's. Beautiful parks/ beaches, strong sense of community, different neighborhoods, strong arts scene, and incredible scenery at about half the price of Seattle (depending, it's getting a bit pricier). Lot's of new projects currently under construction or proposed, also much more room to grow!

Old 06-13-2019, 10:21 AM

7,072 posts, read 9,614,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
I LOL'd when I read that ignorant statement as well. The Phoenix metro is crazy full of world-class resort hotels.

Four Seasons Scottsdale
Arizona Biltmore
Royal Palms
Arizona Grand
Sanctuary Camelback
The Phoenician
Fairmount Scottsdale Princess
Boulders Resort
Marriott Camelback Inn
Hyatt Regency Scottsdale
Westin Kierland
McCormick Ranch
Desert Ranch

https://travel.usnews.com/Hotels/Bes...in-Phoenix_AZ/
I recently stayed at the McCormick Ranch in Phoenix. Nice place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City