Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2020, 05:06 PM

405 posts, read 196,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Uncommon_ View Post
You talked about Miami at 1:30am and you said you didn’t find it exciting
Ok. One comment. Something that he brought up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2020, 05:07 PM

747 posts, read 498,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser S View Post
Of course is SF more walkable. Nobody said different. Again, I said LA/SF have more urbanity then Florida cities. Not hard to figure out.

And I just said, LA's core 50 sq miles have a better walk score than Miami does. You can see it on the link.
Well you keep dealing with your what-if and shoulda woulda coulda scenarios. Meanwhile, in the real world, Miami is more urban and walkable than LA.

The end.

Old 07-06-2020, 05:09 PM

In your opinion. We don't have Van Nuys areas near downtown like that.
Miami looks more suburban than LA does.

You have to go a decent ways to find something Like Little Havana. But I digress...

Old 07-06-2020, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Ok. One comment. Something that he brought up.
Ok then, so you can miss me with all that “when did I mention night life?” pseudo-confusion. You clearly did and elchevere continued the discussion. And then you wonder why I might’ve thought you were discussing nightlife

Done with this, it’s pointless. In your eyes, California is where God himself lives and you gloss over all of its immense problems with your rose-colored glasses because someone sold you a dream, and by George, you’re gonna defend California to the death! Never mind the Walking Dead zombies that fill LA’s and SF’s downtown, people that can’t even decide what gender, race, or even species they are, disturbing housing crisis, and illegal aliens sucking the state dry. The Golden State!

Old 07-06-2020, 05:22 PM

Its pointless because I won't admit how urban Little Havana is? LMAO.

and what a rational view you have. Good luck with that, I guess.
I never once said California was perfect, so who knows what you're talking about.
And one comment is not "half the conversation" but you seem to struggle with the truth, or at least confused often.

Old 07-06-2020, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Its pointless because I won't admit how urban Little Havana is? LMAO.

and what a rational view you have. Good luck with that, I guess.
I never once said California was perfect, so who knows what you're talking about.
And one comment is not "half the conversation" but you seem to struggle with the truth, or at least confused often.
And you struggle with California’s truth, and whenever anyone presents an alternate viewpoint to your rosy idealism, you get upset and label them as California haters lmao

Old 07-06-2020, 05:47 PM

Every state and city has it's good and bad, even where you are. But you're the one who said anyone who isn't rich, lives in the pits in California. And then when someone says that's not true, you can't stand it for a strange reason.
I wasn't offended, I was annoyed. Because it's just something YOU want to believe.

I know several people who aren't rich and enjoy their lives here. You're just making stuff up because....?

Maybe don't say absurd stuff next time and you won't get these responses.

Old 07-06-2020, 06:06 PM

373 posts, read 253,060 times
Quote:
Stop making excuses. Some of NYC’s 300 square mileage is water yet it still is a very walkable city.

San Francisco is vibrant and walkable. LA is not.
Agreed

Old 07-06-2020, 06:10 PM

373 posts, read 253,060 times
Quote:
Well you keep dealing with your what-if and shoulda woulda coulda scenarios. Meanwhile, in the real world, Miami is more urban and walkable than LA.

The end.
PERIOD! Some people keep trying to alter official boundaries for argument sake. Leave it alone, it is what it is. It's unfair to graph sections of a city because its larger. If LA wanted density they should've made the boundaries smaller. Large swaths of LA are suburban while Miami is less suburban

Old 07-06-2020, 06:40 PM

7,409 posts, read 6,553,115 times
Let's see if we ("both sides") can agree on a summary thus far:

CA will have more opportunities and career building opportunities in more industries for more people and pay more. This is not to say there are no high paying wage jobs (professional or otherwise) or small business opportunities in FL.

Higher CA income will also be offset to some extent by higher costs--state income tax, higher DMV fees, higher gas prices, significantly more expensive real estate prices for less square footage (renting or owning).

Some CA cities will be more vibrant during the day; at least one FL city is more vibrant at night (presumably after/when one is not working and can take advantage of it).

Both have issues: CA housing crisis in all its major cities = more homeless, more traffic (even though FL is no picnic); SoFla has a housing affordability issue based on lower wages, somewhat less of an issue in other less expensive FL cities. Employment in Miami can be dependent upon Hispanic background or Spanish fluency in some cases; far less of an issue in other FL cities or all of CA, if at all.

CA will appeal to those who value outdoor activities involving mountains and desert. FL will appeal to those who prefer warmer year round temperatures, including ocean.

Any edits or additions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City