Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2020, 08:12 PM

14,053 posts, read 13,929,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2020/...l-day-weekend/

Rough weekend in Baltimore, on pace now to beat last year's record, which would put them close to a 60/100k rate.
Gary and Chester have highest murder rate right now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2020, 08:32 PM

274 posts, read 173,678 times
Toronto rapper "Houdini" shot dead today, bringing the homicides to 30.
Winnipeg up to 17.

Last edited by scarbroo; 05-26-2020 at 09:54 PM..

Old 05-26-2020, 10:55 PM

832 posts, read 1,254,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarbroo View Post
Toronto rapper "Houdini" shot dead today, bringing the homicides to 30.
Winnipeg up to 17.
People must be mad for living in Winnipeg so they just kill each other...
Honestly you do not move to Winnipeg, you just are unfortunate to be born there and can put on the effort to move out

Old 05-27-2020, 12:35 AM

2,339 posts, read 2,931,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayo2k View Post
People must be mad for living in Winnipeg so they just kill each other...
Honestly you do not move to Winnipeg, you just are unfortunate to be born there and can put on the effort to move out
How can this be? I thought Canadian cities are supposed to be extremely safe. I heard bad things about Toronto and Montreal too in recent years.

Is the US having a bad influence on Canada? Like inner city culture spilling over to Canada.

Old 05-27-2020, 05:10 AM

2,041 posts, read 1,521,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drro View Post
How can this be? I thought Canadian cities are supposed to be extremely safe. I heard bad things about Toronto and Montreal too in recent years.

Is the US having a bad influence on Canada? Like inner city culture spilling over to Canada.
No not really. It's only by chance that you hadn't heard about Winnipegs murder rate. It's been the capital of canada in that regard for a while now.

Old 05-27-2020, 05:12 AM

2,041 posts, read 1,521,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2020/...l-day-weekend/

Rough weekend in Baltimore, on pace now to beat last year's record, which would put them close to a 60/100k rate.
Wait wut lol. Wasn't B More just doing way better than last year??

Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
Soo Minneapolis must be up 1
Lol

Old 05-27-2020, 08:46 AM

3,197 posts, read 2,654,446 times
Quote:

Canadian cities are safe, much safer than American cities hands down. Nonetheless, this doesn't exclude Canadian cities from having problems. 80% of guns comes illegally from the United States, Winnipeg and Toronto have huge gang problems and all levels of government have been lax about it. I noticed this mainly with Liberal governments (not trying to start a political spat/debate/finger pointing) where they say they'll be tough on crime, but don't do anything. Prison sentences for people involved in gangs and commit crimes have been less severe the past few years and it is worrisome. Hopefully we see more collaboration between provinces and the federal governments to crack down on this (Harper did a good job on this, I'll give him credit for that) but the past few years, Canada has been failing at this.

Old 05-27-2020, 09:16 AM

Quote:

Canada has a certain amount of US influence, but is more influenced by Jamaican culture. It's several different factors that is raising Toronto's gun violence, the access to guns in Toronto seems to be on a much bigger scale than it's ever been, it's really good business for people in the US to sell guns to Canada for a MUCH higher price. More youth seem to be having guns and getting shot, almost more so than adults, I think that youth are way more susceptible to commit violence, and more impressionable. That and the fact that there's been a towing trucking war have made the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) in general more violent than usual.

Old 05-27-2020, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djesus007 View Post
Canadian cities are safe, much safer than American cities hands down. Nonetheless, this doesn't exclude Canadian cities from having problems. 80% of guns comes illegally from the United States, Winnipeg and Toronto have huge gang problems and all levels of government have been lax about it. I noticed this mainly with Liberal governments (not trying to start a political spat/debate/finger pointing) where they say they'll be tough on crime, but don't do anything. Prison sentences for people involved in gangs and commit crimes have been less severe the past few years and it is worrisome. Hopefully we see more collaboration between provinces and the federal governments to crack down on this (Harper did a good job on this, I'll give him credit for that) but the past few years, Canada has been failing at this.
I agree with this, The government and to some extent the police force have had a worrisome amount of negligence, and almost turning a blind eye, or making false promises to the rising violence in a lot of Canadian cities (Albeit not on the massive scale of our southern neighbor), but is still more prevalent than I've seen in years, at least in Southern Ontario. not to mention Alberta where the oil industry is failing, jobs decreasing, and have been on an economic decline since the downturn of the oil market.

Old 05-27-2020, 09:26 AM

7,079 posts, read 8,941,070 times
Cincinnati now at 35.

http://wlwt.com/article/police-man-c...682626?src=app
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City