Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2020, 09:05 PM

29 posts, read 16,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshbyQuin View Post
Because rate is only taken seriously by statistic fans, I look at the total. Huntington, WV had a higher Homicide rate than LA. Charleston, SC a few years ago had one of the highest violent crime rates in the nation. Anyone that believes Charleston or Huntington is more dangerous than LA needs a reality check.
Its because LA as a whole isn't dangerous like say St Louis or Baltimore. But South Los Angeles itself is bad and if you're black, it's very bad when you look at the Black on Black murder rate.

But this isn't just in Los Angeles, I believe the Black on Black crime stats is bad all over the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2020, 09:06 PM

9 posts, read 5,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice55 View Post
Re read my post a little slower and see what my point was.

South LA is the most dangerous area in the city of Los Angeles and historically it's the most active area in the entire L.A county far as gang wars.

But my point wasn't about Hispanics not being active, I'm saying that the Black on Black murder rate in Los Angeles is among one of the worse in the country.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dai...black-men/amp/

Los Angeles County can be as dangerous, violent as Honduras for black men. " 2016 LAPD edition "

For young black men, life in Los Angeles County in the past decade was far more dangerous than living in the murder capital of the world.

Some years, the homicide rate for black teens and young black men here was twice that of Honduras — infamous for having more murders per capita than any other country.

Ok, understood.... By the way, when I first relocated to LA it was during 100 days, 100 nights and I stayed in Inglewood and Huntington Park.... I know first hand how dangerous South LA can be for Black men... I also saw 3 Hispanics get shot and killed in front of my bus last summer on Compton Ave and Florence.... Its just as crazy for them too...

Old 11-07-2020, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
Chicago rapper, King Von, shot and killed outside of Atlanta nightclub.

If it's not at home then it's in another city where our talent is being lost. Von and Duck were sort of like the Chicago Pac and Biggie in the Drill scene, and like them they are both gone shortly after one another.
King Von and his crew ( BD ) got into with the Rolling 60 CRIPS out of Savannah GA. ( Quando Rondo Crew ) Crips

What I take from this is simple, there's killa's and gangs everywhere. And someone from Chicago, Philly,Detroit can get got in a small town in Ohio somewhere. You gotta respect other people home turf. Based on the norm,alot of folks seem to think Atlanta is sweet and full of games. I just hope it don't turn into a city vs city because NBA Young boy come from Louisiana and even though they not on Gang **** like L.A,New York or Chicago ,The South isn't a place to be played with at all.

Old 11-07-2020, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mw1981 View Post
Ok, understood.... By the way, when I first relocated to LA it was during 100 days, 100 nights and I stayed in Inglewood and Huntington Park.... I know first hand how dangerous South LA can be for Black men... I also saw 3 Hispanics get shot and killed in front of my bus last summer on Compton Ave and Florence.... Its just as crazy for them too...
I totally agree that it's also dangerous for hispanics.Its just South LA is ground zero for Black on Black gang wars.

But on a more global scale, the most dangerous cities in the world is majority in Hispanic area's.

Brazil,Mexico and Puerto Rico got some of the most murdererous cities in the world. The most dangerous Black cities may come from places in Jamaica, Haiti and Africa. So trust me I know that Hispanics get busy too "

Old 11-07-2020, 09:53 PM

163 posts, read 89,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
Chicago rapper, King Von, shot and killed outside of Atlanta nightclub.

If it's not at home then it's in another city where our talent is being lost. Von and Duck were sort of like the Chicago Pac and Biggie in the Drill scene, and like them they are both gone shortly after one another.
This is so disrespectful to Pac and Big

Old 11-07-2020, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWright View Post
Drill is the realest, most savage rap scene ever so the list of artists killed or locked up for murder is tragically long. If there was any unity in the city Chicago would probably be the capital of rap today. Unfortunately they all have to leave as soon as they get some money instead of building up the industry at home. Chicago has lost so many prodigious talents that would have been legends. King Von is sadly the latest example. Drill has unquestionably been the most influential movement in the culture over the last decade that has changed the industry heavy.
Idk if Drill is the most realest and savage, Banging on Wax was the Original drill scene in LA and it was literally at the height of the deadly era of the 90's. Imagine if we had social media back in the 80's and 90's ??
F The Police is probably the hardest rap song ever recorded.

To me drill is mostly a teenage kid wave where *****'s is really putting in work but they just rap about dissing oops for instagram views. In LA the Banging on Wax thing was done by grown men from serious rival sets that killed each other before and after the Blood and Crip album dropped.

I'm talking about LA having over 1000k homicides for 4 years straight in that Banging on Wax era.I dont think Chicago ever put up those kinda homicide numbers consecutively in a 4 to 5 year stretch.

Rapping about killing enemies, shooting up funerals and kicking over candles was being done by LA gangs 30 years ago. I think the benefit of having social media blew Chicago up because it always had a serious gang culture. New Orleans had a serious gangsta rap scene in the late 90's too.

But Its gonna be real nteresting to see how the Chi Raq kids retaliate for they fallen soldier though. R.I.P to Von

Old 11-08-2020, 05:58 AM

21,629 posts, read 12,746,938 times
Three shot one dead in Jamaica Plain after an evening full of shootings all over the city. In the past 36 hours there have been 18 shootings or shots fired calls and one stabbing downtown. At least 10 calls from Roxbury alone.

Boston 56

https://www.universalhub.com/crime/2...-jamaica-plain

Also, a new Dead Body Investigation in the Hyde Park neighborhood.

Worth noting none of these shootings, or the dead body, or the murder generated a single article in the Boston Globe. None of them.

Last edited by BostonBornMassMade; 11-08-2020 at 06:33 AM..

Old 11-08-2020, 06:00 AM

21,629 posts, read 12,746,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonae1 View Post
This is so disrespectful to Pac and Big
Damn that. It’s disrespectful to Chief Keef, King Louie and Fredo Santana (RIP) let alone Pac and Big.

I’m sorry, but King Von was the flavor of the moment. He had some stories but let’s be real...

Old 11-08-2020, 07:02 AM

26,875 posts, read 38,019,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Three shot one dead in Jamaica Plain after an evening full of shootings all over the city. In the past 36 hours there have been 18 shootings or shots fired calls and one stabbing downtown. At least 10 calls from Roxbury alone.

Boston 56

Worth noting none of these shootings, or the dead body, or the murder generated a single article in the Boston Globe. None of them.
I don't know why but it's very noticeable how the mainstream U.S. media has really been scaling down its coverage of violence of any kind: murders, riots, etc.

I've been curious about the unrest in Portland and it's noteworthy that the main newspaper (The Oregonian) in the city covers very little of the rioting.

A crowd of hundreds tries to trash and burn large buildings in the city's downtown, but the newspaper's home pages has articles up front about kids getting tickets for street racing! Not making this up!

Old 11-08-2020, 07:07 AM

824 posts, read 712,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post

Boston 56

You’re lying, probably on purpose, about the Boston globe.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/11/...-friday-night/

I just checked their website, it was that easy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City