Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2020, 12:02 PM

824 posts, read 712,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleXAs View Post
I don't ! Just wanted to show the percentage increases. I knew it was too much to ask people to ignore the political part of the image. There's more to life than politics you imbecile.
Alright then post the numbers without the image, its like me posting something from the young Turks or Breitbart, and then going “it’s not political guys”. It’s obviously political because of where it came from. It’s inherently based on politics because of where it came from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2020, 12:06 PM

824 posts, read 712,444 times
“don’t know about other cities. But in the Houston area some recent “pro-criminal” policies have definitely added to the skyrocketing of homicide in the city. The Pandemic was already causing the city to shift into high gear a few months before the politicized killing of George Floyd that many people connect to the current increase in homicide rates. But years of “pro-criminal” policies are having real effect on the homicide rate in Houston.”

The one that’s the most memorable because with happened in the Northern portion of my suburb. Was the 2019 killing of a man in a road rage incident. The thing was this man was on bond for shooting someone. He clearly was a danger to the community and shouldn’t have been allowed in the streets anyways. Now you might think that’s an isolated incident but here’s the stats for just this year. Right but that happened BEFORE this year. These policies, right or wrong have been in place for awhile now. A lot of what we are currently seeing results from new factors such as Covid-19 and unrest resulting from George Floyd’s death. If these policies were installed just this year, then it might be different. And the whole idea of “pro-criminal” is stupid garbage as well, it’s not “pro-criminal” no one who works in our justice system likes criminals, it’s a bit more complicated then they. the whole rhetoric behind the infographic is inflammatory.

Old 12-13-2020, 10:25 PM

7,079 posts, read 8,941,070 times
Cincinnati now at 90.

https://wlwt.com/article/police-moth...dec-4/34954928

Old 12-14-2020, 12:50 AM

6,470 posts, read 4,070,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeasterner1970 View Post
“don’t know about other cities. But in the Houston area some recent “pro-criminal” policies have definitely added to the skyrocketing of homicide in the city. The Pandemic was already causing the city to shift into high gear a few months before the politicized killing of George Floyd that many people connect to the current increase in homicide rates. But years of “pro-criminal” policies are having real effect on the homicide rate in Houston.”

The one that’s the most memorable because with happened in the Northern portion of my suburb. Was the 2019 killing of a man in a road rage incident. The thing was this man was on bond for shooting someone. He clearly was a danger to the community and shouldn’t have been allowed in the streets anyways. Now you might think that’s an isolated incident but here’s the stats for just this year. Right but that happened BEFORE this year. These policies, right or wrong have been in place for awhile now. A lot of what we are currently seeing results from new factors such as Covid-19 and unrest resulting from George Floyd’s death. If these policies were installed just this year, then it might be different. And the whole idea of “pro-criminal” is stupid garbage as well, it’s not “pro-criminal” no one who works in our justice system likes criminals, it’s a bit more complicated then they. the whole rhetoric behind the infographic is inflammatory.
The policies I'm talking about is a cultural one among judges that's been occurring for only a few years. Some people associate it with the liberal sweep in 2018 of Judges across Harris County.

https://crime-stoppers.org/ramificat...-reform-public

It predates George Floyd but it's 100% political. 70 out of 400-something homicides in Harris County being folks murdered on bond is simply not normal in the Houston area, and many people relate it to literally everyone getting bond. How can you give bond for a murder? I understand being a judge is more complicated than that, and part of the reason is attempted homicide cases being plead down to aggravated assault (hence known shooters can get bond). But it's actually ridiculous that their is 70 cases. Even with the increase this year, 70 homicide cases is clearly a long list of judges not doing their job.

The reaction by people/police to George Floyd's killing can't be blamed on the homicide increase in Houston. But the culture of judges who are now all democrats after a county wide sweep is rightly getting the blame. Because, I'm not even a Republican/Conservative and have to label it a "pro-criminal policy" for several people to bond out on a murder charge, multiple felony charges or even one felony charge. That right there is nonsense and their are 4,000 people like that in Houston. Their wasn't 4,000 people like this in Houston 2-3 years ago and for that reason it's become a political issue because people are being killed by folks who should be in jail and it's a statistically noticeable amount.

It proves the infographic right in Houston's case because you realistically can't label it anything else when their is so much demonstrable evidence of a complete failure in the justice system from this angle.

Old 12-14-2020, 08:31 AM

922 posts, read 1,697,900 times
Dallas (12/13)

Murder/nonnegligent manslaughter - 234 (2019 year total - 198)
Justifiable Homicide - 10
Negligent Manslaughter - 5
Total Homicide - 249

Latest incidents.
12/10 1PM - 3811 Gannon Ln - B/M, 35 - Shooting in an apartment parking lot.
12/12 3AM - 8901 E R L Thornton Fwy - L/M, 34 - Shooting at an extended stay motel.
12/12 3AM - 8901 E R L Thornton Fwy - L/F, 20s - Shooting at an extended stay motel.
12/12 4AM - 8245 Scyene Rd - B/M, 29 - Shot during the robbery of an illegal game room set up inside of a tire/mechanic shop.
12/13 2PM - 1251 Moulin Rouge Dr - L/M, 20 - Shootout at an apartment complex involving multiple suspects armed with handguns and rifles.
12/13 2PM - 1251 Moulin Rouge Dr - L/M, 21 - Shot at 1251 Moulin Rouge but driven to another location and left in the parking lot after he died.

Last edited by DtX4415; 12-14-2020 at 08:41 AM..

Old 12-14-2020, 08:43 AM

4,379 posts, read 4,621,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
I don’t know about other cities. But in the Houston area some recent “pro-criminal” policies have definitely added to the skyrocketing of homicide in the city. The Pandemic was already causing the city to shift into high gear a few months before the politicized killing of George Floyd that many people connect to the current increase in homicide rates. But years of “pro-criminal” policies are having real effect on the homicide rate in Houston.

The one that’s the most memorable because with happened in the Northern portion of my suburb. Was the 2019 killing of a man in a road rage incident. The thing was this man was on bond for shooting someone. He clearly was a danger to the community and shouldn’t have been allowed in the streets anyways. Now you might think that’s an isolated incident but here’s the stats for just this year.

https://thetexan.news/70th-harris-co...tims-advocate/

70 homicides in the county committed by someone on bond. Take in mind the county has had around 400-500 homicides this year (somewhere around 100-130+ the Houston number).
Here is the incident I was talking about and one that just happened 2 days ago.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chr...t-14060921.php

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hou...r-15780044.php

^^^ how this was allowed to happen is insane to me. What doesn’t get bond this days...

Part of the reason is someone shooting another person which 9/10 times is attempted murder keeps getting plead down to aggravated assault I don’t know if the prosecution or judges aren’t trying hard enough but I don’t understand how shooting at someone multiple times with intent to kill and missing or injuring is assault and not attempted murder. In fact I have a personal problem with the crime of attempted murder because intent matters in court.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
The policies I'm talking about is a cultural one among judges that's been occurring for only a few years. Some people associate it with the liberal sweep in 2018 of Judges across Harris County.

https://crime-stoppers.org/ramificat...-reform-public

It predates George Floyd but it's 100% political. 70 out of 400-something homicides in Harris County being folks murdered on bond is simply not normal in the Houston area, and many people relate it to literally everyone getting bond. How can you give bond for a murder? I understand being a judge is more complicated than that, and part of the reason is attempted homicide cases being plead down to aggravated assault (hence known shooters can get bond). But it's actually ridiculous that their is 70 cases. Even with the increase this year, 70 homicide cases is clearly a long list of judges not doing their job.

The reaction by people/police to George Floyd's killing can't be blamed on the homicide increase in Houston. But the culture of judges who are now all democrats after a county wide sweep is rightly getting the blame. Because, I'm not even a Republican/Conservative and have to label it a "pro-criminal policy" for several people to bond out on a murder charge, multiple felony charges or even one felony charge. That right there is nonsense and their are 4,000 people like that in Houston. Their wasn't 4,000 people like this in Houston 2-3 years ago and for that reason it's become a political issue because people are being killed by folks who should be in jail and it's a statistically noticeable amount.

It proves the infographic right in Houston's case because you realistically can't label it anything else when their is so much demonstrable evidence of a complete failure in the justice system from this angle.
This actually happened 7 days ago in Houston. I was scratching my head as to why he was released for murdering someone in the first place.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/l...ting-25k-bond/

Old 12-14-2020, 08:44 AM

2,098 posts, read 2,166,646 times
Birmingham, 103

Old 12-14-2020, 09:45 AM

7,079 posts, read 8,941,070 times
Dayton at 45.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHIO
A teenager is dead and two adults were injured after a shooting on East Hudson Avenue Sunday night, according to Dayton police.

Old 12-14-2020, 12:22 PM

21,629 posts, read 12,754,191 times
Boston: 59

Man shot and killed in Hyde Park.

Location https://goo.gl/maps/UyMHdxC2AmD9R2Ft7

Old 12-14-2020, 02:33 PM

719 posts, read 493,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDevilFan View Post
60 for Greensboro. 18 y/o female shot and killed this afternoon
Thats waaaay to many for a city the size of Greensboro....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City