Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2020, 10:16 PM

59 posts, read 40,893 times

Advertisements

The more I know/ learn about NYC in general, the more I truly think it's the best City in the World, (Not just in the US though), Of course most people can't afford to own a Home there, but who care's the City is Fantastic, I wish LA had the same Urban Layout, & I wish Chicago had less Crime, both Cities have Deficiencies in which NYC doesn't. The only real City IMO that's like NYC is Toronto, & even then, Toronto is not as much of a Player as NYC, & say London, but I do like Toronto more than London & also NYC more than London, between it & Toronto I'd say I like both pretty equally tho.

Toronto's a Happy Medium/ replacement for NYC though IMO, I even heard Gary Vee (Native New Yorker & Entrepreneur), saying that Toronto felt "New Yorkie" to him, & after NYC it's the City in the World he would live in the most. IMO Toronto has fewer Deficiencies than Chicago, (where it comes to Crime), & is more Urban than LA, it just isn't as big as either, but I still think it's more reasonable to believe it's World Class on a level like NYC than any of the other Big US Cities though, Toronto's claim to fame always took me as a bit more reasonable than the other Big North American player's.

Last edited by T007; 04-07-2020 at 11:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2020, 10:26 PM

2,694 posts, read 3,190,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T007 View Post
Haha yea, but Modern Day Baltimore & Chicago's Southside are still like that tho.
No, they're not. The most dangerous neighborhood on the South Side of Chicago, Englewood, has a lot of abandoned houses and vacant lots, but it also has a freaking Whole Foods. Quite a bit different than that video.

Old 04-07-2020, 10:39 PM

9,681 posts, read 9,395,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T007 View Post
Haha yea, but Modern Day Baltimore & Chicago's Southside are still like that tho.
Baltimore is much worse.

Old 04-07-2020, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerseusVeil View Post
No, they're not. The most dangerous neighborhood on the South Side of Chicago, Englewood, has a lot of abandoned houses and vacant lots, but it also has a freaking Whole Foods. Quite a bit different than that video.
Aw ok nvm then.

Old 04-07-2020, 10:57 PM

Surrey BC has now Recorded it's 2nd Homicide of the year, Pushing the Metro Vancouver total's to 10! (12 for the Entire Lower Mainland). Metro Vancouver Population: 2.7 Million, Lower Mainland Population: 3 Million. Surrey Population: 572,000.
https://homicidecanada.com/surrey-po...test-homicide/

Old 04-07-2020, 10:58 PM

So so far Metro Vancouver has 10 Homicides, the Lower Mainland has 12!
Vancouver City Population: 692,000 - 3 Homicides
Vancouver Suburbs Population: 2.03 Million - 7 Homicides
Lower Mainland Population: 3.04 Million - 12 Homicides total/ YTD.
-> https://homicidecanada.com/british-c...tim-list-2020/

Old 04-07-2020, 10:59 PM

Toronto is now up to 19 Homicides on the year, after a Murder a Day Apart from it's last one:
Toronto City Population: 3.1 Million - 19 Homicides
Toronto Suburbs Population: 4.1 Million - 4 Homicides
GTA Population: 7.2 Million - 23 Homicides total! YTD.
-> https://homicidecanada.com/toronto-2...e-victim-list/

Old 04-07-2020, 11:09 PM

3,528 posts, read 2,321,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Baltimore is much worse.
Not really, and I grew up in and around it

They both have areas that look bombed out, but the vast majority of their worst hoods don't look anything remotely like dystopian areas of Detroit or St. Louis due to differences in housing stock/density.

This is smack in the middle of one of the highest murder rate census tracts in the city

Old 04-07-2020, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joakim3 View Post

They both have areas that look bombed out, but the vast majority of their worst hoods don't look anything remotely like dystopian areas of Detroit or St. Louis due to differences in housing stock/density.

This is smack in the middle of one of the highest murder rate census tracts in the city
Damn that actually looks nice.

Old 04-08-2020, 12:29 AM

142 posts, read 193,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joakim3 View Post

Idk I'm from northeast Baltimore but I've been in Detroit metro for awhile now. When I think of Baltimore's worst neighborhoods I typically think of blocks like 1825 N Chester St
https://maps.app.goo.gl/gLa2qbyhKbAzdJTa7

Detroit and other rough midwest cities are less dense though so I think the empty fields between houses might give some areas a more desolate feel. The worst neighborhoods I've been to in Detroit have been off 6, 7 and 8 mile where it still looks bad but it's not like the streets where every house is burned down or half the block is missing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City