Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does San Diego offer enough to be discussed with major cities?
Yes, it offers enough to be in the conversion 83 67.48%
No, it doesn't offer enough to be in the conversation 40 32.52%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2020, 06:43 PM

8,936 posts, read 6,973,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
Obviously you have not been there in the last decade.
It's Calisonn's schtick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2020, 06:59 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,959,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhays25 View Post
It's Calisonn's schtick.
Yeah, I know, as I am no spring chicken on here. But still needs to be called out!

(inside to natives...this poster may be a disciple of Emmitt Watson!)

Old 01-09-2020, 08:21 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,413,451 times
Quote:
Yeah, I know, as I am no spring chicken on here. But still needs to be called out!

(inside to natives...this poster may be a disciple of Emmitt Watson!)
Are you arguing that Seattle is indeed a mega city? Please tell me you're joking?

Old 01-09-2020, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calisonn View Post
Are you arguing that Seattle is indeed a mega city? Please tell me you're joking?
No I never said Seattle was a mega city. But you said "Seattle is quaint", "kind of like Austin or Sacramento", which is ridiculous. Seattle has been a major US city since the 1970's, and continues to explode with growth.

Now, back to the topic here...San Diego.

Old 01-09-2020, 08:36 PM

Quote:
No I never said Seattle was a mega city. But you said "Seattle is quaint", "kind of like Austin or Sacramento", which is ridiculous. Seattle has been a major US city since the 1970's, and continues to explode with growth.

Now, back to the topic here...San Diego.
Quaint is an excellent word to describe Seattle, it might be more urban than Austin but that doesn't mean it has the hustle and bustle of large cities. Seattle leads the pack for the tier 3 cities, that's something you and Ms. Hays should be proud of.

Old 01-09-2020, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calisonn View Post
Quaint is an excellent word to describe Seattle, it might be more urban than Austin but that doesn't mean it has the hustle and bustle of large cities. Seattle leads the pack for the tier 3 cities, that's something you and Ms. Hays should be proud of.
If you think quaint is an "excellent word to describe Seattle", you perhaps have a below average vocabulary.

"Quaint" definition:

Definition of quaint
1a: pleasingly or strikingly old-fashioned or unfamiliar
b: unusual or different in character or appearance : ODD

Seattle is not old-fashioned or unfamiliar. The opposite is true. Again, back to San Diego...

Old 01-09-2020, 08:57 PM

12,926 posts, read 9,697,291 times
Quote:
If you think quaint is an "excellent word to describe Seattle", you perhaps have a below average vocabulary.

"Quaint" definition:

Definition of quaint
1a: pleasingly or strikingly old-fashioned or unfamiliar
b: unusual or different in character or appearance : ODD

Seattle is not old-fashioned or unfamiliar. The opposite is true. Again, back to San Diego...
Every city has quaint suburbs. Seattle isn't mega, because it's not a sprawl. Houston is a sprawl, LA is a sprawl. Seattle is dense and bustling.

Old 01-09-2020, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Every city has quaint suburbs. Seattle isn't mega, because it's not a sprawl. Houston is a sprawl, LA is a sprawl. Seattle is dense and bustling.
Lol dense? Are you kidding me? With such small borders Seattle should have a density well above 10k, but it doesn't because it's not a dense urban city, it is a city with an underwhelming core that becomes a snoozefest after 8pm. Seattle sprawls worse than most cities, at least cities like Vegas, PHX, and Houston make good use of the space, Seattle suburbia looks like hickville USA and I'm talking about a couple miles outside the core.

This is literally inside the city limits:

12233 12th Ave S
https://maps.app.goo.gl/SyJuVjA7auNctq3e9

10629 3rd Ave SW
https://maps.app.goo.gl/8uPuZUFqBNvVhAJZ7

5430 Wilson Ave S
https://maps.app.goo.gl/VqRcfdMM4Gj8UooWA

Outside city limits, now we're talking West Virginia:

12001 SE 240th St
https://maps.app.goo.gl/z38PcFERBqyxCTPNA

12118 WA-516
https://maps.app.goo.gl/sGmuodWoVUTjvScH7

12526 WA-516
https://maps.app.goo.gl/otxx2vWjPmAqjBfV6

Seattle is nothing short of underwhelming, you guys can fool everyone else but I know this town like the back of my hand.

Old 01-09-2020, 09:34 PM

Please take your agenda elsewhere. For the third time, this thread is about San Diego.

Old 01-09-2020, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Please take your agenda elsewhere. For the third time, this thread is about San Diego.
Sure thing:

San Diego = Seattle
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City