Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2020, 10:19 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,921,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Yep. Lots of reasons why Midtown is so attractive. Lots of midrise infill, creating a much better street-level atmosphere.
Buckhead Village is as well, the changes are impressive. Lots of 15 - 20 story apartment buildings going up in an area that was already pretty walkable. It's gaining critical mass rapidly.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2020, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exult.Q36 View Post
It’s going to take a while before gentrification hits South Dallas IMO. Dallas has tons of land East of downtown to develop before South Dallas should even be discussed but yes that will be in epic battle. I personally hope that South Dallas residents in the form of jobs will benefit from the growth East of downtown in the coming years. South Dallas doesn’t need to be gentrified but integrated into Dallas economy.
This is really interesting to an outsider, thanks for posting this.

Old 01-28-2020, 11:19 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,024,892 times
Quote:
It’s going to take a while before gentrification hits South Dallas IMO. Dallas has tons of land East of downtown to develop before South Dallas should even be discussed but yes that will be in epic battle. I personally hope that South Dallas residents in the form of jobs will benefit from the growth East of downtown in the coming years. South Dallas doesn’t need to be gentrified but integrated into Dallas economy.
In a thread South Dallas vs South Atlanta,none of this was said. In fact I made the case for South Atlanta because development has been on the rise and due to the Airport and few F500 companies located in the South of Atlanta,its seemed integrated with the rest of the metro to be poised for more growth

https://www.city-data.com/forum/city...h-atlanta.html

Old 01-28-2020, 11:38 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,446,304 times
Quote:
It’s going to take a while before gentrification hits South Dallas IMO. Dallas has tons of land East of downtown to develop before South Dallas should even be discussed but yes that will be in epic battle.
Then Dallas will be accused of copying Houston with its own EaDo.

Can't believe that Woodhill Rodgers will become more dangerous to drive with a longer tunnel. It's bad enough to be forced to turn on the headlights during the day, but the tunnel lights are a vision-killer at night!

It's bad enough that I-345 will be torn down and worse force all Houston-McKinney traffic to detour the long way around the new Mixmasterâ„¢ and the tunnel to get on Central Expressway.

Old 01-29-2020, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post

Can't believe that Woodhill Rodgers will become more dangerous to drive with a longer tunnel. It's bad enough to be forced to turn on the headlights during the day, but the tunnel lights are a vision-killer at night!

It's bad enough that I-345 will be torn down and worse force all Houston-McKinney traffic to detour the long way around the new Mixmasterâ„¢ and the tunnel to get on Central Expressway.
Yeah, but isn't it worth it for more park space and knitting Downtown & Uptown even closer together?

Old 01-29-2020, 08:10 AM

4,775 posts, read 8,836,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverOne View Post
In a thread South Dallas vs South Atlanta,none of this was said. In fact I made the case for South Atlanta because development has been on the rise and due to the Airport and few F500 companies located in the South of Atlanta,its seemed integrated with the rest of the metro to be poised for more growth

https://www.city-data.com/forum/city...h-atlanta.html
I am talking about a predominately black neighborhood in the city of Dallas called South Dallas. The neighborhood that birth and help shape songstress Erykah Badu. I am not talking about the southern half of DFW. Those are two total different subjects that are unrelated.

Old 01-29-2020, 10:12 AM

6,691 posts, read 9,937,987 times
Quote:

Dangerous? When did it become dangerous to drive under the Woodall Rodgers Tunnel? If 345 does get torn down, people wouldn’t have to take a detour. They would have the same connections at street level.

Old 01-29-2020, 01:06 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,024,892 times
Quote:
I am talking about a predominately black neighborhood in the city of Dallas called South Dallas. The neighborhood that birth and help shape songstress Erykah Badu. I am not talking about the southern half of DFW. Those are two total different subjects that are unrelated.
Nah.LOL.South Dallas proper like South Atlanta proper were included in that conversation as well.It wasnt just about metro areas.
Apparently South Dallas isnt just one neighborhood but a collection of neighborhoods
Whats the equivalent of South Dallas in Atlanta?Castleberry Hill,Westend,Pittsburgh

Old 01-29-2020, 01:08 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,410,575 times
Default Dallas Eado

No Dallas already essentially has an "Eado" its called Deep Ellum. if development expands East of Deep Ellum then that would be either Old East Dallas or Fair Park. I think Fair Park will start seeing gentrification as Deep Ellum grows

Quote:

Old 01-29-2020, 01:19 PM

I finally found a few examples of the large estate sized properties in Buckhead we were talking about last week.

https://atlanta.curbed.com/2020/1/28/21109722/buckhead-atlanta-mansion-for-sale-million-european

https://atlanta.curbed.com/2019/10/1...ale-home-horse
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City