Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which of these is the trendiest, most forward-looking, intelligent, and well educated METRO area?
St. Louis 19 13.97%
Pittsburgh 80 58.82%
Cincinnati 16 11.76%
Cleveland 21 15.44%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2020, 08:47 AM

141 posts, read 141,010 times

Advertisements

Bringing up posts from another forum into this one to try to attack me? That sounds very forward looking and trendy. A great representation of the city for sure. Yet of course no owning up as to why racism is so bad that it's a public health crisis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2020, 09:35 AM

6,327 posts, read 9,152,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wood_lake View Post
Bringing up posts from another forum into this one to try to attack me? That sounds very forward looking and trendy. A great representation of the city for sure. Yet of course no owning up as to why racism is so bad that it's a public health crisis.
Not my fault you were too lazy to read past the headline of that link you shared...

It's important as well to call out the disingenuous and intellectually lazy posting you do as well.

Old 02-20-2020, 09:41 AM

141 posts, read 141,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
Not my fault you were too lazy to read past the headline of that link you shared...

It's important as well to call out the disingenuous and intellectually lazy posting you do as well.

Oh but I did read past the headline and not only is racial inequality a huge issue in Pittsburgh, but pollution is as well. In fact it is one of the worst in the country:

https://triblive.com/local/pittsburg...r-air-quality/

https://www.ehn.org/pittsburghs-air-...635280543.html

https://www.post-gazette.com/news/en...s/201804180109

https://www.pghcitypaper.com/pittsbu...t?oid=15182486

In fact it was so bad last month it was the worst in the nation at one point:

https://patch.com/pennsylvania/pitts...st-air-quality

But please, keep attacking me and deflecting because you have absolutely no leg to stand on with the problems of race and pollution in your city. I would expect nothing less from a yinzer, and I expect the rest of the echo chamber to show up any moment now to revel in their lack of self reflection and internalized racism. Very smart and forward thinking.

Old 02-21-2020, 08:04 PM

9,680 posts, read 9,390,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wood_lake View Post
Pittsburgh? Forward looking? Yeah sure. It is a nice city but the people are incredibly racist. I should know, I lived there as a minority. In fact, Pittsburgh is the only city in this thread where racism is so bad that it's own city council declared it a public health crisis:

https://www.citylab.com/equity/2020/...ustice/603775/

It might have some cool things but the people are full of **** and vinegar and do not tolerate anyone different than they are. I'm sure the same 6 posters from Pittsburgh will show up any minute and try to spin it like in their echo chamber of a forum. The majority of the US would never call a city where racism is a public health crisis as "forward looking".
What types of things happened to you?

Old 02-24-2020, 03:58 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,740,696 times
People are underselling Cincinnati. Realistically, it is growing MUCH better and has better weather and a much better future than Pittsburgh. Also, Over the Rhine in 2020 is superior to any urban nabe in Pittsburgh. I love both cities though.

Cleveland and STL are well well behind the other two in many ways.

Old 02-24-2020, 04:07 PM

4,527 posts, read 5,098,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter1948 View Post
People are underselling Cincinnati. Realistically, it is growing MUCH better and has better weather and a much better future than Pittsburgh. Also, Over the Rhine in 2020 is superior to any urban nabe in Pittsburgh. I love both cities though.

Ways in which, of course, you can't or won't articulate.

Old 02-26-2020, 07:44 AM

716 posts, read 765,593 times
Quote:

You lost me at your use of "nabe." I'd be interested in what you mean by growing "better" as well. Lastly, weather is subjective.

Old 02-26-2020, 09:18 AM

4,177 posts, read 2,957,171 times
Quote:

Over the Rhine is a beautiful neighborhood with rough edges in places. To say that it is superior to Squirrel Hill, East Liberty, Oakland, Shadyside, is a stretch. You obviously have never been to Pittsburgh. Most of the "nabes" listed have never failed with the exception of East Liberty.

Old 03-16-2020, 06:06 AM

9,680 posts, read 9,390,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
Over the Rhine is a beautiful neighborhood with rough edges in places. To say that it is superior to Squirrel Hill, East Liberty, Oakland, Shadyside, is a stretch. You obviously have never been to Pittsburgh. Most of the "nabes" listed have never failed with the exception of East Liberty.
OTR looks and feels superior, but the urban character does not continue like some of the Pitt neighborhoods do. Cincinnati has better downtown shopping as well.

Old 03-16-2020, 07:36 AM

37,131 posts, read 39,380,764 times
I remember finding Central West End in St. Louis to be surprising in how dense and tall it was when I went last year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City