Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which of these is the trendiest, most forward-looking, intelligent, and well educated METRO area?
St. Louis 19 13.97%
Pittsburgh 80 58.82%
Cincinnati 16 11.76%
Cleveland 21 15.44%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2020, 12:04 PM

1,887 posts, read 1,443,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLawMan View Post
Oh God here we go again...
Elaborate. Tell me where I'm wrong.

Last edited by QCongress83216; 02-04-2020 at 12:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2020, 01:16 PM

14,353 posts, read 17,027,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QCongress83216 View Post
Elaborate. Tell me where I'm wrong.
Cleveland is objectively further behind in terms of an urban comeback compared to Pittsburgh. People have already cited how educational attainment and income within city limits are lower than Pittsburgh for example.

It is what it is. It doesn't mean Cleveland doesn't have nice areas, it just means it hasn't come along as far yet.

Old 02-04-2020, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
Cleveland is objectively further behind in terms of an urban comeback compared to Pittsburgh. People have already cited how educational attainment and income within city limits are lower than Pittsburgh for example.

It is what it is. It doesn't mean Cleveland doesn't have nice areas, it just means it hasn't come along as far yet.
I went on my rant because I see in these "City vs. City" threads; it's like Cleveland is referenced heavily one way or another. And, it seems like it's going the same direction here on this thread. You're from Pittsburgh, so you're spoiled lol . JK. Your Pitt is very beloved by the media and the U.S. at large. Your city has never been America's go-to whipping boy like Cleveland has. Cleveland is an easy target for a lot of people because of the river catching fire (which is 50 years), sports troubles, the recession, foreclosure, etc. Cleveland never gets a pass on anything.

Maybe if NAFTA wouldn't have screwed Cleveland over maybe Cleveland would be a little further along. Also, I know some folks will look at educational stats to base on how smart a city is, or who are the most qualified for jobs just because Cleveland doesn't have the education numbers doesn't mean Clevelanders are stupid or unqualified.

Last edited by QCongress83216; 02-04-2020 at 02:06 PM..

Old 02-04-2020, 02:01 PM

860 posts, read 1,357,653 times
Quote:
I went on my rant because I see in these "City vs. City" threads; it's like Cleveland is referenced heavily one way or another. You're from Pittsburgh, so you're spoiled lol . JK. Your Pitt is very beloved by the media and the U.S. at large. Your city has never been America's go-to whipping boy like Cleveland has. Cleveland never gets a pass on anything. Maybe if NAFTA wouldn't have screwed Cleveland over maybe Cleveland would be a little further along. Also, I know some folks will look at educational stats to base on how smart a city is, or who are the most qualified for jobs just because Cleveland doesn't have the education numbers doesn't mean Clevelanders are stupid or unqualified.
Just integrating the city with the lake in a better fashion, would do wonders for the place. Of all of the great lake cities, Cleveland just seems lackluster with the exception of Buffalo.

Toronto, Detroit, Milwaukee, Chicago are all good examples of what to emulate.

Cleveland has 1 of the 2 rivers that will take a $ 1 Billion overhaul to rejuvenate it's ecosystem.

Old 02-04-2020, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by austiNati View Post
Just integrating the city with the lake in a better fashion, would do wonders for the place. Of all of the great lake cities, Cleveland just seems lackluster with the exception of Buffalo.

Toronto, Detroit, Milwaukee, Chicago are all good examples of what to emulate.

Cleveland has 1 of the 2 rivers that will take a $ 1 Billion overhaul to rejuvenate it's ecosystem.
I don't want Cleveland to emulate anyone else because they we'll all just be carbon copies of each other. I agree that Cleveland needs to do something about the lakefront. I say Cleveland needs to do the lakefront that is different from other cities.

Old 02-04-2020, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
1.Pittsburgh: Inner city. Above and beyond what the other cities have done.

2.Cincinnati: Inner city and metro. Inner city is gentrifying and OTR is a jewel.

3.Cleveland: The city to watch this decade

4.St. Louis...
Care to elaborate on Cleveland?

Old 02-04-2020, 02:40 PM

Quote:
I don't want Cleveland to emulate anyone else because they we'll all just be carbon copies of each other. I agree that Cleveland needs to do something about the lakefront. I say Cleveland needs to do the lakefront that is different from other cities.
Exactly!! It doesn't have to be a carbon copy, but they have many examples of what to do in order to create an attractive, welcoming water front. Cincinnati is on the filthy Ohio River and our river front absolutely destroys Cleveland. I'm not going to do a classic Cincy vs Cleveland rant, but Cleveland needs to look to other cities to get a good understanding of how to rehabilitate (their image, ecosystem, economy).

I think the city is great, so I say this more out of disappointment than anything. Everyone I know who used to live there has since moved to the Columbus area, or out of state, so I haven't visited in about 4 years. People also rag on their mass transit, but I'm totally envious of Cleveland in that regard.

Old 02-04-2020, 02:47 PM

9,681 posts, read 9,395,075 times
Quote:
Care to elaborate on Cleveland?
No

Old 02-04-2020, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
No
You said to look out for Cleveland in this decade. What did you mean?

Old 02-04-2020, 02:59 PM

Quote:
You said to look out for Cleveland in this decade. What did you mean?
Maybe the Indians will stay contenders in the Central division
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City